Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good balance bike?

(9 Posts)
Pitapotamus Sat 24-Oct-15 10:06:32

Thinking of buying a balance bike for ds2's 2nd birthday. I've seen a couple around but they all seem a bit heavy for him. Can anyone recommend one that's not too heavy for a 2 year old but that is also very sturdy - I find so many things break far too soon these days! I haven't got a budget as such but I don't want to spend a small fortune if the cheaper ones are just as good!

RudyMentary Sat 24-Oct-15 10:07:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AppleSnapple Sat 24-Oct-15 10:10:15

Isla bikes rothan. It is a little more expensive but easily the lightest around, (makes a big difference when to begin with you end up carrying it all the time!

It has a rear wheel brake on the handlebar, something a lot of them don't have. Good resale value, although ours is going strong on ds3 so haven't had to sell it yet!

Strider I think is another good make, def a bit cheaper but not nearly as light I don't think.

TurnOffTheTv Sat 24-Oct-15 10:12:25

Isla bikes are ace!

lostscot Sat 24-Oct-15 10:19:11

Strider are very light too, they used to have a distributor local to us and he donated a couple to toddler group. We had a strider and another brand at hom and son loved both. Wish I could remember other brand as took ds till 7 to part with it as it was fantastic.

lostscot Sat 24-Oct-15 10:23:34

I can imagine islabike said brake being a godsend as we went through toes on shoes at a rate as ds was a daredevil and reached speeds that made me look away! We are on our 4th islabike between 2dc and will be a few years. yet before I buy anything else, resale has been brilliant.

minimalist000001 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:29:01

Frogs good. Tiny too, although it is tiny

FatimaLovesBread Sat 24-Oct-15 10:30:27

DD has a puky, the smallest one they do as she was only dinky on her 2nd birthday

Pitapotamus Sat 24-Oct-15 13:08:43

Great, thanks v much, I'll have a look into all these suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now