Talk

Advanced search

Play kitchen recommendations

(13 Posts)
MalmMumma Wed 22-Jul-15 20:28:31

We want to get our DS a play kitchen for his birthday as he LOVES the one at nursery. Any recommendations on where to get one? The ikea ones look pretty good from what I've seen. Not fussed about whether it's plastic or wooden! TIA xx

MinesAPintOfTea Wed 22-Jul-15 20:29:27

We have an ikea one for DS. He loves it and its really sturdy.

LetThereBeCupcakes Thu 23-Jul-15 12:39:01

We picked up the older version of this one and it's absolutely brilliant. DS is quite heavyhanded but it's still in really good nick 18 months after we got it (and it did 8 years and 3 children in the previous home).

Key feature for us was that the sink bowl lifts out for hours of posting-things-in-the-cupboard fun.

Blueberrybaby Thu 23-Jul-15 20:26:02

We bought the IKEA one at Christmas for DD. No complaints. Well made, robust and what I like about it most is it isn't PINK! We plan on having another child and so I was keen to get something gender neutral, plus it sits in our living area so was keen for it to blend in. They also do a great selection of play food, pots, pans and accessories. Very good value for money.

MovingStress Thu 23-Jul-15 20:29:23

IKEA one here too. It's great.

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Thu 23-Jul-15 20:34:15

Have you considered separates? I bought separate washing machine, cooker and sink for DS when he was 2. He is now 7, and it has been played with by my two, and so many other children. It has also survived numerous trips into and out of the garden and a house move. It also allows more than one child to play quite easily as they don't necessarily need to be side by side.

The brand we bought was Big Jigs. They are gender neutral in colour. At the time, they also did a fridge and microwave. I think each piece was about £60. I also bought a lot of wooden Plan fruit, veg, dairy etc sets, and a big plastic ELC dinner service type set.

It was such a hood buy. Over time, people bought him wooden sets with a mixer in, weighing scales, ice lollies, pizza, birthday cake, biscuits etc. I loved playing with it too smile

HeffaLumpers Thu 23-Jul-15 20:41:08

Ikea here also. Very sturdy and non pink. It is the best toy we have bought

bayrans Thu 23-Jul-15 20:44:33

I second lettherebecupcakes recommendation.
I got one from Amazon last Christmas for my daughter (only £99 too)!
Lots of cupboard space and looks great.

PinkParsnips Thu 23-Jul-15 20:50:14

We just bought this one for DDs birthday (didbt pay that for it though)

http://www.pramworld.co.uk/little-tikes-cookin-creation-premium-wood-kitchen?gclid=CjwKEAjwocKtBRCf9d_Q5ovcyHASJAAHhJYO7E_He3sWPcB7xtY5kC0CVrEKMJErYcs5WQd7MUanyRoCeqTw_wcB#fo_c=743&fo_k=95b3152221a971064d2df574187d8be0&fo_s=gplauk

I wanted one with a washing machine as DD is obsessed with ours!

Is it sad that I'm excited about playing with it myself ?! I always wanted a play kitchen and never got one! grin

PinkParsnips Thu 23-Jul-15 20:51:31

Sorry the link didn't work, its called Little Tikes Premium Kitchen I think.

starlight2007 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:52:23

I was also going to recommend the IKEA one.. it one of those things I recomend not to buy too cheap

ObiWanCannoli Thu 23-Jul-15 20:57:42

Little tikes do a splash and play tabletop kitchen. Its very good my ds loves it, no storage problems as its compact. Plus the taps run real water and you can fill the sink up. It's a bit messy but it's brilliant. smile

MalmMumma Mon 27-Jul-15 20:08:42

Thanks everyone! I love cupcakes one but it's a bit out of our price range so will start searching now. Might need it to be an Xmas present rather than bday!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now