Talk

Advanced search

Little gifts for little visitors

(4 Posts)
MaudieDonkers Thu 09-Jul-15 00:20:41

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before but I'm really hoping some of you can help. We have my nephew and his family coming to stay for a holiday and I would like to put a little gift for each of the children on their beds. One is a girl of about six, the other a boy of around three, both quite advanced for their age. I don't want to go overboard and embarrass their parents so just a little something - also I have no idea what they have at home so better to be something you can have more than one of. As my children are now 26 and 27 I have no idea what the latest craze is or even where to go. If any of you can give me a clue I'd be so grateful, I have about a week before they get here. Sorry for long post.

MissMuesli Thu 09-Jul-15 00:24:33

Maybe you could make them a holiday basket with lots of little bits and bobs to do. So my daughter is 4 and things she would enjoy are colouring things, bubbles, buckets and spades, sticker books, puzzles etc. Maybe a disposable camera would be nice?

Theknacktoflying Thu 09-Jul-15 00:30:42

Something local?
Wherabouts is the 'holiday'? - bucket and spade, crafty bits,

MaudieDonkers Thu 09-Jul-15 14:54:13

Thank you for the tips, I will have more luck with my great niece as I had daughters - boys are a bit of a mystery. They are coming to us in Cornwall so if the weather holds out hopefully they will able to be on the beach and rock pooling, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now