Talk

Advanced search

Dolls?

(5 Posts)
SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 18-May-15 09:37:12

DD is 17 months and now she's starting to get into imaginative play I was pondering whether or not to get a doll for her.

Apparently she quite likes the ones at nursery, but most of her home toys are things like blocks and animals and cars and so on. No particular reason, other than I found dolls quite boring when I was a child and I find the realistic ones a bit creepy.

Does anyone have a recommendation of toys their children loved at this age for imaginative play?

SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 18-May-15 10:57:15

Anyone?

OrionsAccessory Mon 18-May-15 11:02:17

M&S do a nice rag doll if you're not too keen on plasticky baby dolls. My dc have acquired a few dolls over the years some are more creepy than others!

SunshineOnTheBalcony Mon 18-May-15 11:12:47

Haba rag dolls are quite nice, you can get girls and boys (maybe just one boy), and buy extra clothes for them.
My children have both enjoyed pushing dolls round in a pushchair, dressing them, feeding them, putting them to bed etc.

A doll or a teddy, plus a tea set or doctors set or pushchair provides hours of fun ime.

Or if you prefer little figures, Duplo, Playmobil 123, Happy Land, Fisher Price Little People are all good - personally I like Playmobil and Duplo best.

Or you might like Budkins - little wooden dolls. Bit expensive though.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 18-May-15 12:47:29

Ooh a rag doll is a good idea. Doll-like but not too realistic. I think I can handle that grin

And yes, I hadn't considered other accessories (push chairs, tea set etc), good point!

She may be too little still for the duplo / happy land etc figures but that's a good idea for later on. Those budkins ones are very cute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now