recommendations for outdoor equipment for 9 year old/toddler

(2 Posts)
popalot Tue 31-Mar-15 13:20:24

Can anyone tell me if their 9 year olds still enjoy outdoor play equipment like swings/seesaws/slides/climbing frames? I was thinking of getting a set but most are age ranges 3-8 year olds. We have a baby coming along so would want it to last for 5 years or so.

Also, can you recommend any brands? Looking at TP or Plum on the tescos website.....

LaughingHyena Sun 14-Jun-15 17:14:24

My 10 and 8 year olds still play on the climbing frame, albeit not as much as they used to. It tends to get rediscovered when their friends come over though.

Ours is a TP one, it's lasted well, we bought it second hand 5 years ago and it's still in great condition. . They both love the den/tent which goes over the top and eldest often takes a book in there. It's more of a hanging out space now they are older as it doesn't really provide much of a climbing challenge any more.

The other thing they get out often is the pop up tent, we bought a cheep camping one rather than a toy so there is space for both kids. Think we paid about £20 in the sale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now