Talk

Advanced search

Doll obsessed 2 year old, would you buy this?

(9 Posts)
muffpuff Sun 01-Feb-15 10:23:30

Its my daughters 2nd birthday in March and as the only thing she takes any interest in is her doll and pushchair I thought she might like some of the other bits that go with that.

I would like wooden stuff but I'm struggling to find stuff that isn't hugely expensive.

I saw this Silver Cross set in Argos but I'm not sure if its too old for her, what do you think?

muffpuff Sun 01-Feb-15 11:47:01

Would also like recommendations for wooden stuff if anyone knows of decent quality stuff with a budget if around £50.

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Sun 01-Feb-15 11:49:28

Have a look on Gumtree, Preloved and Ebay for wooden stuff - your 2 year old won't know or care that it's secondhand and you can often get stuff quite a bit cheaper.#
My 2 year old always does the ironing when we go to playgroup and puts the babies in the cots etc, so don't think she is too young.

lavendersun Sun 01-Feb-15 11:50:46

We bought this a couple of years ago and it is still going strong. I seem to remember having to use wood glue on a bit that had come apart when I put it together.

We are at home today, me working hmm and my 8 year old is sewing a blanket on her hand turn Singer ... for this bed - so definitely a prospect for longevity in the toy stakes.

www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Wooden-Rocking-Dolls-Cradle/dp/B0043RVBQ8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_h_b_cs_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KT17HFXVZCM6YCH1JMR

ChippingInLatteLover Sun 01-Feb-15 11:51:50

I'd buy her a set, but probably not that set.

Whichever set you buy, check she can reach the high hair.

If money is tight, try asking on free cycle. Often people are only too happy to pass these bulky items on, or ebay. Your DD won't know or care that they're not brand new.

You could then replace the items with wooden ones as and when.

5madthings Sun 01-Feb-15 11:52:23

My dd has the same wooden rocking cradle that lavender has linked to.

afreshstartplease Sun 01-Feb-15 11:53:17

The wooden asda stuff is nice

muffpuff Sun 01-Feb-15 12:06:01

Thanks smile

I had doubts about the set to start with so you've definitely persuaded me not to buy it.

I'd happily buy second hand but pretty much rely on FB pages here and haven't had any luck so far, family have offered to buy bits too so I'd rather get nice wooden stuff that will last. Not sure DS will be happy that their room is being taken over by dolls furniture but makes a difference from his Hot Wheels tracks grin

tortoisesarefab Sun 08-Feb-15 06:24:04

My 18 month old has this www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/2261146.htm it is quite sturdy and survived a few children climbing into it so far!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: