Talk

Advanced search

Why do some people write chocolate teapot reviews?

(6 Posts)
AnonyMust Tue 23-Dec-14 14:06:56

Anyone else find those 5 * reviews written by Grandmas who've not seen the product come out of the box but who've been told that 'apparently it's fantastic and my grandson/daughter loves it' a complete waste of time?
Why do people write reviews when they've only seen it in the box?

gaggiagirl Tue 23-Dec-14 14:11:50

Reviews like that give me the rage. I saw one on a beauty site and it basically quoted the products claims. The reviewer did not once mention how the product worked for her.

AnonyMust Tue 23-Dec-14 14:50:32

Just so frustrating as the whole point of them is to help me to decide whether it'll be as good as it looks in the box, catalogue/ on the product's listed details.
Don't reviewers realise that?
Like writing 'I wonder.' as an answer to a comprehension question for someone to copy.

gaggiagirl Tue 23-Dec-14 15:11:23

I also hate product reviews that only talk about 'fast delivery' 'well packaged' 'best price'. That's no good to me!.

LittleBearPad Tue 23-Dec-14 15:13:29

I also hate product reviews that only talk about 'fast delivery' 'well packaged' 'best price'. That's no good to me!.

This, with knobs on. I don't care how speedy the delivery was. I want to know if the product's any good!!

AnonyMust Tue 23-Dec-14 15:25:57

Exactly. The product might be shite, but if a child was made to tell grandma that it was wonderful, it arrives in time and was a bargain (to the reviewer, even if not to you as prices change), then that's just dandy. Hahawink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now