Talk

Advanced search

Advice for a computer type toy/ tablet for 2 year old

(6 Posts)
Moxiechick Sun 07-Dec-14 21:53:07

My dds dad wants to get her some type of learning computer type thing for Xmas and has asked me to pick one but I don't have a clue! She'll be coming up to 2. Any advice greatly received! Thanks

tippytappywriter Sun 07-Dec-14 21:54:56

Abacus?grin

CocktailQueen Sun 07-Dec-14 21:58:19

Rally? She's not even two yet - I'd get her toys to be honest, that she can play Ruth and use her imagination and make believe. She doesn't need any computing type of thing at all yet.

CocktailQueen Sun 07-Dec-14 21:58:35

Play with!

Artandco Sun 07-Dec-14 21:58:54

Tbh I doubt she will know the on and off switch alone let alone use it

How about:
- memo game
- puzzles (16/24 piece)
- magnetic board and letters/ numbers
- wooden till with toy money

SandorClegane Sun 07-Dec-14 22:08:18

mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/tablets/3378548/9-best-kids-tablets-2014-2015-uk/

This article seems to suggest the kindle fire is a good choice although I'm a bit doubtful about there being as many apps available as on iPad or android options. My kids have android tablets, samsung galaxys, I think there is a kids version or you could just buy an older model and a rubber case? There's lots of good apps (duplo do a lot of free ones which my 2 1/2 year old enjoys - he does spend more time playing with actual duplo before any of the technophobes jump on that) he also watches pingu on YouTube and the toca apps are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now