Talk

Advanced search

Are Mums Scared of Age based, child development information?

(1 Post)
fionithink Fri 05-Dec-14 14:06:30

I'm writing up a piece of info to tell mums of babies and tots about how to help their child develop physically, cognitively, socially and with communication through playing with them.
The piece will provide information based on each stage of their growth between 0 to 6 years.
I have been told that I shouldnt use 'age' as a mile stone of development because it scares mums to think that their child should be at a certain stage of development by a certain age. for example I was told not to say between 0-1 years a child its good to play peekapoo with your child. Or between 0-1 years saying the names of objects during play will help him learn faster. I have been advised to just leave the age quite vague and perhaps say something like 'when you child is starting to walk... instead of mentioning the age.
Im not sure whether to trust this information and I find it very difficult to provide useful information to mums without about child development without giving you guys an age to use as a mile stone.

What are your thoughts? Should I use age or not?
I really look forward to reading your expert mum opinions.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section earlier but not sure how to delete it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now