Talk

Advanced search

Where do you get a SMILING child friendly traditional teddy ready to cuddle?

(7 Posts)
millionaireshortbread Thu 20-Nov-14 20:54:58

We did our letter to Santa yesterday and among the usual predictable stuff my DS had asked for 'his own' teddy - a recent reoccuring theme. Of course he has got cuddly toys and a much loved toy he's had from birth but not really a proper teddy. So, I've had a look around and most decent size bears which are meant t be cuddled (i.e. not Steiff) look so bloody miserable!! Only exceptions appear to be Hamleys (v expensive) or Build a Bear (but I don't really want to go down the sounds and costumes route). Any suggestions please? Many thanks

Lifesalemon Sun 23-Nov-14 20:02:08

Gund do some lovely, cuddly smiley bears and start at quite reasonable prices.

pictish Sun 23-Nov-14 20:04:23

I read somewhere that the bears faces are traditionally kept neutral so the child can project his or her own emotions onto them.

Pointlessfan Sun 23-Nov-14 20:05:53

DD was given a lovely soft one from her gran. It's from John Lewis.

pictish Sun 23-Nov-14 20:06:17

Just had a look at Gund...they are lovely. Aw.

dannydyerismydad Sun 23-Nov-14 20:10:14

A Merrythought Cheeky Bear is what you need. Mine is still going strong (although a little flat in the tummy) nearly 40 years on.

Cumberlover76 Sun 23-Nov-14 20:21:42

I love Fraser Bears from house of Fraser. They usually reduce before Xmas. DD loves the one we gave her last year. Suitable for all ages and lovely and cuddly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now