Talk

Advanced search

playmat - recommendations needed please!!!!

(4 Posts)
cantbelieveimonhere Tue 28-Oct-14 15:10:33

So it turns out the more a baby is awake during the day, the more they sleep at night!!!

Baby arrived early and playmat is one of the few things I didn't research and buy before baby's arrival.

I now want to order one ASAP.

Advice needed please!
*what would you recommend? - for stimulating baby and is good value for money, lasts well?
*stupid question, I know, but- I've seen some advertised for "tummy time" - does this mean these products are not intended for baby to ly on their back in it also?

Many thanks

cantbelieveimonhere Tue 28-Oct-14 19:26:34

Bump

NorahBone Fri 07-Nov-14 18:33:37

Hi, might be too late, but I'd go for whatever is cheapest or one you can get 2nd hand. They're all pretty much a mat with dangling toys so there is probably little difference in entertainment value.
They don't need to last very long- we had to put ours away once the baby could roll as he was off it as soon as I put him down. We had a 2nd hand elc one and it seems to have survived at least 2 babies unscathed. Saying that, machine washable is a plus!
Any mat is good for tummy time, but some have in-built cushions to prop them up. I'd get a dangly toy mat and possibly a separate cushion to support the baby during tummy time and later when s/he starts to sit up. My baby hated lying on his front before he was mobile, as most seem to, so a mat designed for this purpose would have been massively under used.

cantbelieveimonhere Fri 14-Nov-14 10:33:59

Thanks, someone loaned us one they're not using. Good idea re getting one with removeable cushion for tummy time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now