Talk

Advanced search

'Inbetween' bike for 3 year old?

(4 Posts)
MamOfTwo Fri 14-Feb-14 11:58:56

DD will turn 3 soon and I want to get her a bike - she is too big for a trike (we had a Smart trike but it is now broken) but she is too small for a 'proper' bike. Not sure about balance bikes as she already has a Toddlebike and lately has been asking where the pedals are. Is there anything inbetween a trike and big bike - ideally with a parent handle?(She will inherit a scooter from older sister so we have that covered). TIA

ElaClaw Tue 18-Feb-14 20:14:59

She is big enough for a proper bike (though I would recommend a balance bike) smile

You could take her to a bike shop and have a look?

Parent handle not really necessary, but I have been known to use a Little Life Back pack to have a grab handle!

Alicaldwell Sun 23-Feb-14 21:18:01

Ive read loads about balance bikes they seem to go up to age 5 plus - ive been trying my son who is 3 on a big boys bike with pedals he just doesn't get it yet and gets frustrated so im getting him a bigger balance bike and my daughter one also who is 2 just not sure which brand! Seems then they will adjust to a bigger bike with no stabilisers quickly.

hanbee Fri 07-Mar-14 08:45:21

Absolutely recommend a balance bike even if just for a year. You can pick them cheaply on ebay and it'll hold it's value for resale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now