Talk

Advanced search

Jumperoo style toy for one year old???

(6 Posts)
LWebby Tue 23-Oct-12 12:05:07

Hi, I really hope someone has an answer to this onesmile)
My little boy turned One last week and is now 1lb off being too heavy for the jumperoo- which he absolutely adores! In face he's probably too big now so I sit beside him and hold the bars to stop it moving around!
Anyway...I've searched but can't find an alternative and I'm hoping you brilliant Ladies can help! Just wish they made one for heavier kids!
Something for indoors as we don't have a garden!
Thanks a million in advance.
Lorna xx

Pascha Tue 23-Oct-12 12:10:10

Can he walk yet? Thing is, bouncy stuff like that is designed for babies who are in between little baby and walking toddler. My son also loved the jumperoo but by 10 months I couldn't get him in comfortably any more (big boy). I just took it down one day and he was cruising a bit by then so he moved on and found other ways to explore.

At about 18 months we got him a mini trampoline instead which he loves.

My advice: Look for the next level of activity - stuff to push/sit on/pull up with/ram into mummy's legs with wink

Pascha Tue 23-Oct-12 12:11:38

Something like this bouncing zebra could potentially last a while.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 23-Oct-12 12:12:55

What about a sit on indoor ride on - Scuttlebug or Scramblebug?

Chocoholic21 Tue 23-Oct-12 12:14:20

I got the Fisher Price Bounce and Spin Zebra for my dd for her first birthday as she had just about outgrown her jumperoo, and she loved it!!!

LWebby Wed 24-Oct-12 11:39:50

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I'll have a look and sure I'll find something to keep him amused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now