Talk

Advanced search

What age are Monster High dolls aimed at ?

(6 Posts)
GeetTallBird Sat 20-Oct-12 08:39:08

My daughter was given a doll, a dolls scooter, a DVD and a colouring set for her 7th birthday yesterday, all featuring Monster High dolls.
The problem I have, if I'm being unreasonable, tell me! is that the dolls have got "brains" for a cycle helmet, and they don't have gently smiling faces like Barbie or Sindy had, they just look mean and skeletal and downright scary.
Should I ask for the toys to be kept at the donators house (was her dad who bought them.)
A while ago he bought her a Monster High magazine which featured vivisection and I'd said it was not appropriate at the time, 6 months ago.

MrsVincentPrice Sat 20-Oct-12 08:49:03

Zombies are a key childhood play theme nowadays - I'd leave it, and save your battles for things that matter.

PrincessScrumpy Fri 26-Oct-12 21:29:00

I agree but dd saw them in a shop today and thought they were fab - she's 4! To be honest I actually don't think they're worse than the stupidly tart Barbie she also loves no matter how much I try to steer her away. Move them to the back of a draw somewhere.

alwaysworriedtoo Sat 03-Nov-12 22:24:49

My d.d is seven and LOVES the monster high dolls. When I asked her what she liked about them she said she loves their clothes and hair styles. One of the dolls looks a bit like Paloma Faith, one of them wears quiet funky black and pink 50's style stuff and the other she loves is blue! She actually parted with some of her Barbies so that Father Christmas would see she had room for Monster Highs! She wasn't so keen on the magazine (and I think it is maybe a bit to 'teeny' for her with boyfriends sort of stories.)
I think the appeal is their different look. Though I don't particulary like the Bratz(?) versions. Just a rip off and more bimboey than 'hip'.

GeetTallBird Sun 04-Nov-12 17:33:23

Funnily enough my dd looks like Paloma Faith!
I am going to stop being such an old fart.

alwaysworriedtoo Sun 04-Nov-12 20:49:28

Ha! Geet!
the one that looks like paloma is Operetta (the one with a guitar)#the daughter of the phantom of the opera!# well my dd thinks so anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now