Talk

Advanced search

Advice on train sets

(5 Posts)
AlohaMama Thu 11-Oct-12 08:33:54

Looking for some help please! DS is 18 mo, and wanted to get him a train set for Christmas only don't know where to start. Looking for wooden (preferably) and something that we can add to over future birthdays/Christmases (assuming he's still into it). Any suggestions??

jojo1983 Thu 11-Oct-12 08:37:54

Tesco do a set and its cheap and if I remember correctly from my days of working in a nursery it can also be connected to other wooden bits from ikea. HTH smile

NormanTheForeman Thu 11-Oct-12 08:45:35

There are lots of wooden train sets around, and most of them are compatible with each other, so you can add to them using different brands.

Brio is lovely but quite expensive. ELC Wooden City are cheaper, and so are Tesco and IKEA. I think any of these brands work well with each other. We certainly had a mix of ELC, Tesco and Brio sets.

This is the current ELC wooden train set.

rathlin Thu 11-Oct-12 08:51:29

Brio's My First Railway is a nice introduction to trains. You can build it up as they get older. It is pricey but the various offerings from Tesco, BigJigs (not sure if that is right name) are all compatible. You can also pick up lots of it on ebay too.

AlohaMama Thu 11-Oct-12 16:21:36

Thanks for the advice ladies. I was worried that each one would be a different size, but sounds like they mostly fit together. I'll go see what I can find!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now