Talk

Advanced search

Help with Dolls please!

(8 Posts)
cowboylover Thu 04-Oct-12 20:48:23

To be totally honest I don't like dolls but my daughter who's now 17 months seems to love them!

Everytime she sees them out or playgroup or friends houses its the first thing she goes to so my mums going to get her one for Christmas if I can find one I'm happy with!

So can the wonderful power of MN help me please smile

I remember one when I was little that had numbers of her fingers and laces ect so was fun but helped learning how to do things. Is there anything like that now?

I really want to avoid;
Baby pink over load
Not look to real or baby like
No bottles or dummy's

Am I asking too much?

Thanks all and please don't think I'm a mean mummy!

mrscumberbatch Thu 04-Oct-12 22:13:36

stella doll

There's a few in the range, most come with a magnetic dummy but it's pretty inoffensive. (Or you could magically lose it!)

You can buy these in John Lewis as well.

cowboylover Fri 05-Oct-12 09:59:33

Thanks thats along the right lines and for not thinking I'm crazy!

SavoyCabbage Fri 05-Oct-12 10:01:15

We have Baby Stella too. There are a few different ones and you can get them from amazon so you could have a look there.

FireOverBabylon Fri 05-Oct-12 10:12:25

This one has the tie up laces etc, and this cow girl is less pink and girly but still has bits to tie, fasten etc.

Zwitterion Fri 05-Oct-12 10:19:09

The Silver Cross range are traditional rag doll type dolls, very simple and sweet. Can't do much with them except dress and undress, but great for role play. And fully machine washable. John Lewis stock them.

Jo Jo maman do some similar looking ones too.

scootle Fri 05-Oct-12 10:26:16

I felt similar to you, but got dd one from the ELC. It has a bottle and a dummy - and would make crying and sucking and burping noises. She still plays with it.

When we talk about how you feed a baby, she automatically talks about breastfeeding though (which is how I fed her).

These Corolle dolls are more natural, and less pink though, and this one goes in the bath:

www.daisydaisydirect.co.uk/first-dolls-doll/corolle-tidoo-grenadine-doll.html

nm123 Sat 27-Oct-12 23:44:57

Ooh I'm glad you posted this OP, I was just about to write an identical post!

I'm a bit weirded out by hard plastic dolls was a bit of a tomboy when I was a kid but DD (10.5mo) seems to be really taken by the dolls we see at some of our classes...

Do the Lamaze/Stella/Manhattan ones really count as dolls?! I guess the fact that they are soft makes me think of them more as teddies though they are a darn sight less creepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now