Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do these make good birthday presents to take to parties?

(13 Posts)
JeanBodel Sat 22-Sep-12 20:46:03

I am working on the assumption that when invited to a birthday party my kids should take along a gift of around £5.

Do you think that Usborne Sticker Books make a good present? I am thinking that even if the child already has one it could be fun to do it all again.

There seem to be loads of different titles so if they are a good present I could buy them in bulk and hand them out over the next couple of years.

They would be for children aged 4-7.

What do you think?

onebigwish Sat 22-Sep-12 20:48:50

I think it's a lovely present. My DD1 has had these books and LOVES them.

If it were me I would probably throw something else in with it too, but only something inexpensive like a packet of pencils/rubbers/(hair bobbles if a girl)

bellabelly Sat 22-Sep-12 20:49:50

Great idea. smile Better than cheap, small toy which will just add to general mess! (in my opinion anyway, the dcs are very keen on yet more toys) I am wondering if you could just bulk-buy a load of sticker books and get a good discount while also sorting all future bday party pressies for months to come!

RecursiveMoon Sat 22-Sep-12 20:49:58

I think so. But DS is only 2 (and is a bit unsure of stickers), so I'll lurk until some other posters come along.

ChiefOwl Sat 22-Sep-12 20:51:38

Yes my kids love them smile

boredandrestless Sat 22-Sep-12 20:53:27

My DS loves these too and I have given them as presents in the past.

boredandrestless Sat 22-Sep-12 20:54:56

I have to say though I noticed when DS got to 5ish there was quite a divide in what his class were into. Some stil liked very young things which others declared "babyish", probably about a 50/50 split so I'd say age 5+ they will either love them or declare themselves too cool for them!

MerylStrop Sat 22-Sep-12 20:56:30

These are totally brilliant

They have been our staple school friend gift for DS and DD in reception/year one.

DS is now nearly 8 but we got him the action heroes one in the holidays and he really enjoyed it. Some of the girls ones are a bit girly (brides? vom) but specially recommend fashion through the ages, dream jobs and dancers!

Mayron Sat 22-Sep-12 21:02:49

Yes! I love these, as does my ds-7 and my dd -4. I've bought them as presents too - quite a few times! M&S had 50% off a selection of them last Xmas. Perfect party present in my opinion!

JeanBodel Sat 22-Sep-12 21:24:53

Thanks very much for the vote of confidence, very reassuring.

Don't you just love a gift you can order from Amazon? smile

scootle Fri 05-Oct-12 10:29:59

Yes, I give these quite often and parents have come up to me and told me it was the dc's favourite present. DD1 who is pretty sophisticated still likes them (though she won't tell her friends that!)

Ilovecake1 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:35:49

I must invite you my party.lol. My little one is obsessed with these books. Best pressie ever!

MerryCosIWonaGold Thu 11-Oct-12 12:55:11

I would say it's a bit harder with boys. They seem more into specifics eg. Star wars or football or ben 10 or dinosaurs (and needs ro be right) whereas girls like anything vaguely pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now