Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil or imaginext?

(3 Posts)

What would you buy a 2.9 yr old? He's obsessed with figures and playsets but I don't want to buy character sets as they break too easily

thisisyesterday Mon 12-Sep-11 11:21:23

i would get imaginext.

playmobil is fab, but it has a lot of really small parts. so unless he is very careful at keeping bits together i'd go with the slightly bigger more robust stuff

tiredteddy Mon 12-Sep-11 11:32:11

We started playmobil a bit early really fir my ds when aged 2.5 and just removed the small bits til he was older. Now he is 7 we have a huge collection, it's excellent quality and lasted really well. With 2nd ds we started collecting imaginext for variety and it us also brilliant. I would say def more suitable fir a younger child to start with in comparison. However my oldest ds plays with it too and loves it. The age range suggested is 3-8 and accurate. So maybe start with imaginext and move on to playmobil in a few years. We have the aircraft carrier and several planes and the ocean boat. All brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now