Talk

Advanced search

A wooden castle for playmobil knights

(10 Posts)
puzzletree Sun 28-Aug-11 22:49:16

Hi All,
I have two boys who are getting into castles/knights and thinking ahead I reckon a decent toy castle would be a good joint Christmas present for them. The eldest already has some playmobil knights that he loves and I love the playmobil stuff too but I'd prefer a wooden castle, preferably one that can be folded or taken apart easily, to a playmobil one. Can anyone recommend a good wooden castle that comes without accessories and is the right size for playmobil figures???

HavePatience Sun 28-Aug-11 22:50:09

Watching with interest smile

DS has this one. Granted, it's a little small for Playmobil knights, but DS doesn't notice, and it takes apart really easily. It has 4 walls, 4 towers and a working portcullis, and it fits together with magnets.

Parietal Sun 28-Aug-11 22:54:45

http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/toys_games_pretend_play/Modular-Medieval-Castle/10000001969

Not sure of size cos we don't have it.

This one here is bigger, probably about the right size for playmobil, given the size of the Melissa and Doug dolls that go with it.

puzzletree Sun 28-Aug-11 23:02:51

Wow thanks for the quick responses! They all look good, I really do need to know if they will be the right size for playmobil if ordering online. Hmm.. wonder if I can find stockists to visit with knights in my pocket smile

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 28-Aug-11 23:05:00

Papo le van toy smile

You could look on small independent toy sites and email them to ask for scale.

amistillsexy Sun 28-Aug-11 23:13:57

We have this one . It ticks all your boxes and it's really well-made.

We were lucky enough to get ours off Ebay a couple of years ago, and 3 boys have played with it constantly ever since. It still looks good, and nothing has broken (apart from occassionally some of the little dowels come out and get glued back in!)

It's good for Papo knights and Playmo as well. It's really versatile-They regularly build Hadrian's Wall across the living room, so it doesn't always have to be built as a square.

Highly recommended! grin

puzzletree Sun 28-Aug-11 23:23:46

ooh that sounds perfect amistillsexy, I like the simplicity of the design too. will definitely keep that bookmarked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now