Talk

Advanced search

Games for a 5 year old

(5 Posts)
TheMitfordsMaid Thu 25-Aug-11 08:36:25

Well, nearly 5 year old.

DS is really into games at the moment. He loves Uno and Snakes and Ladders, but with a birthday coming up I am keen to avoid the Elefun disaster of last year, I'd like some tried and tested recommendations.

Any suggestions? He liked the Orchard Toys ones in the past but as he starts school in September I think I'd like to get him something fun rather than overtly educational.

He also likes Playmobil, and has been hankering after some proper lego.

Esian Fri 26-Aug-11 00:28:54

My DD loves Guess Who and it's a nice quick game. Frustration is also quite popular. I find that the classic games get played much more She also enjoys Buckaroo but doesn't want to play that as often.

needstosleepmore Mon 05-Sep-11 20:52:25

My DS also nearly 5 loves Pop up Pirate and Guess Who at the moment. We also got Elefun a couple of years ago and i agree, its a disaster!

posey Mon 05-Sep-11 20:56:39

Do you think he would manage Junior Monopoly? Not quite sure when ds got it but was a big hit.

UniS Mon 05-Sep-11 20:58:37

kerplunk Has been a very good investment

ghostly-galleonGhostly galleon is FAB if you can find it. DS had this age 4 and still loves playing it age 5. Its really good fun for slightly drunken adults too

Not much educational about either game, just fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now