Talk

Advanced search

Giving away soft toys

(4 Posts)
soniaweir Sun 21-Aug-11 13:53:25

Over the past few years we have accumulated loads of soft toys. I want to get rid of most of them as my DC only play with a handful of them. They are all in pretty good nick some still with their tags on. I would like to give them away to children who are not as fortunate as mine. Do you know how and who i can give them away to. i was thinking of my local hospital but not sure if they would take them due to health and safety or something like that! any suggestions?

Thanks

Ilythia Sun 21-Aug-11 14:45:42

I know my local hospice won't take soft toys as they need too much cleaning to avoid infection risk. They like hard plastic that can be wiped.
I would call womans aid or local shelters. Often when a woman leaves her partner for whatever reason they go without a thing, including toys for their children.

soniaweir Sun 21-Aug-11 19:45:27

Thank you. Will contact the local womans aid tomorrow.

Ilythia Sun 21-Aug-11 20:10:13

NO worries, be aware that they sometimes get a bit wary of people offering to turn up and drop stuff off, I had to wait a few weeks for someone to come and collect mine (comes from needing to keep safe houses unknown)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now