Talk

Advanced search

2 questions for the price of one: 1) Doll in a backback/trolley- any idea where I could get one? 2) Is Baby Stella a sure fire winner for a nearly 2 year old who loves baby dolls?

(15 Posts)
triskaidekaphile Tue 12-Jul-11 22:07:11

My daughter is about to turn 2 and her main toy interests are baby dolls, bags and push/pull along wheeled toys. I saw this in elc a while back and thought "aha! a potential present that combines all her passions at an affordable price!" but unfortunately it looks like it's now sold out. There was also a smaller one in a backpack which is sold out too. Has anyone seen anything similar anywhere? I've found a lovely (and much less tacky!) baby stella backpack online but I'd have to get her a baby stella to go in it too as sod's law says that her current doll wouldn't fit, so that would push the bill up to around £35 leaving precious little over for anything else. A bit of a risk if she doesn't turn out to be a baby stella fan.

Which brings me on to my next question! Is baby stella likely to be a hit with a kid who loves her corolle doll (vinyl though soft bodied) and the vinyl dolls at her nursery? They look ever so cute in the online pictures but I'm worried she might not like a soft toy type doll so much and as we're a bit skint at the moment I want to either get something cheaper or be almost certain she will be over the moon.

Many thanks for any answers to either question!

triskaidekaphile Wed 13-Jul-11 09:18:48

Wah! Are there no baby stella or baby in bag experts out there?

triskaidekaphile Wed 13-Jul-11 10:07:31

Can't believe that no one is answering these extremely important questions! I mean, do you all have better things to do or something?

triskaidekaphile Wed 13-Jul-11 19:51:54

How many posts would be the mumsnet record for one poster talking to herself?

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 13-Jul-11 19:56:43

We havent sold out our stock of the mini ones yet!

BertieBotts Wed 13-Jul-11 19:58:38

This is quite cute, and should carry any doll in theory, though wouldn't have a backpack section. Or [[http://darkstarbaby.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&zenid=gr3is9stv5l8ib78bfpc8l7ll3 these are cheaper, again should carry any doll, but it's like a real baby sling ie you'd have to tie it. Since it doesn't matter how tight it is though I'd imagine you could knot it permanently loose enough for her to slip on and off with the baby in, rather than retying it every time.

BertieBotts Wed 13-Jul-11 20:00:05

Try again.

Toy Ergo carrier - more expensive, but has buckles

Mini Mei Tai - cheaper but with tie-straps

triskaidekaphile Thu 14-Jul-11 20:12:06

Thank you so much for replying, bertie and abf.smile

I love the mini ergo carrier, bertie- sooo cute! Mei tai one sweet too. I think my daughter is a tiny bit too young for even for the buckle up ergo though- she'd want to take it on and off ALL the time and get a bit frustrated if she got tangled up. I'm definitely going to get her one if she's still doll mad in a year or so though.

ABF- do you work for elc, then? Or do you mean that your local store still has them?

MilaMae Fri 15-Jul-11 14:12:23

My dd still plays with her Stella and backpack and she's 7 in Dec.It's great as it's also a bag so when we went away all Stella's stuff went in it.

There are loads of things to go with Stella,think my dd had hers for her 2nd bday. The nappies are fab as are velcro,she also loved the silky party dress and shoes.The magnetic dummy is great.

Look on Bambolina as there are loads of Corolle and Gotz things for dolls on there,be warned if you haven't already been on as it's sells the most gorgeous dolls!!!!

triskaidekaphile Sat 16-Jul-11 10:08:24

Thanks, MilaMae. That's v helpful. I'm leaning towards Stella + backpack, I think. V encouraging that she's still popular with your daughter at 7. I definitely think that changeable velcro nappies could be a big hit too! Thanks for suggesting the Bambolina site too- I've seen and admired it before but couldn't see anything backpack wise that wasn't a bit too complicated for a 2 year old. I really like the idea of simplicity as my daughter is just reaching the frustration/tantrum stage and I foresee fireworks if I get her something she loves but can't quite use without help.

AmazingBouncingFerret Sat 16-Jul-11 20:57:54

Sorry couldnt respond that night, it was when the Threads im on thing went haywire!

Yes I work for ELC, we have about 6 in stock by my last count. I'm in the midlands if that's any help!

MilaMae Sat 16-Jul-11 21:03:29

It was the Lovebug dress set,she still loves the headband and shoes.We also have the changing set(more nappies and wipes) and moses basket which are fab and still used lots.Said moses basket was carried around everywhere and is often used is a cuddly dog basket.

She always put bobbles on the sprig of hair.They now do a cot and highchair and......a ladybird dress up set which sadly I can't justify buying as she's now moved on to Gotz and Carolle dolls which are hellish expensive to clothe.

It's a good toy.Be prepared for lots of old ladies melting if you get the backpack though!!!!!

SybilBeddows Sat 16-Jul-11 21:08:06

my 6yo is still very fond of her Stella too. We all like her pleasant smile - I used to have some really vicious-looking dolls when I was a kid.

skydance Sat 16-Jul-11 21:29:14

Not quite what you were after, but a couple I've been looking at for my daughter's 2nd birthday, one with a bag on the front, one push-along trolley with space for doll
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3846209/Trail/searchtext%3EDOLL.htm

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3672459/Trail/searchtext%3EDOLL.htm

I have been looking at this pram as well
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9243181/Trail/searchtext%3EDOLL.htm

triskaidekaphile Sat 16-Jul-11 21:40:01

Thanks so much, everyone. I really do appreciate it. Very kind of you all to take the trouble to help me with such a lightweight problem! Update: went window shopping today to have a look at Stella and, er, unfortunately when I said "Do you like this, M?" she grabbed it off shelf and wouldn't let go and upshot is I bought it for her and she has not put it down all day! So I think a stella backpack and perhaps a ladybird suit for her birthday is now practically a necessity! Shame I'm not in the midlands, abt- could have saved myself a fortune if the elc ones had been in stock in my neck of the woods!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now