Talk

Advanced search

Wild Physics and Cool Chemistry Laboratory - or other great science kits

(3 Posts)
toutlemonde Sun 03-Jul-11 11:12:55

I'm looking for some really good science kits and hoping you wise mumsnetters can recommend me some.

I've seen [[ http://www.johnlewis.com/230998564/Product.aspx this one]] but I've been disappointed with this sort of kit before, so what do you think?

I've previously got John Adams chemistry set, which looks great but actually the number of the "100 amazing experiments" that you can do without loads of extra ingredients from home (most of which aren't in my home) is about 2.

We've also had John Lewis electronic exploration, which is great and I do recommend, but which limits you to the experiments set out on the instruction sheet - its not really designed for doing your own experiments and making stuff up so much.

So mumsnetters, any top tips? Thank you!

coansha Mon 04-Jul-11 04:15:13

my dd loved the CSI reconstruct a face model, not quiet chemistry but very interesting?? We bought the Nat geo rock creator, crap, like watching paint dry, dont buy it.

toutlemonde Mon 04-Jul-11 16:57:40

That isn't the sort of tip I was expecting but it looks brilliant - I want one for myself! Thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now