Talk

Advanced search

A gift for my two-year-old nephew - any ideas?

(5 Posts)
AppleOrchid Fri 17-Jun-11 14:19:45

Hello on this rainy Friday afternoon,

My nephew turns two next week. I have no idea what to get him (I've only recently entered the world of parenthood myself and have a little girl - clueless about two-year-old boys!). I'd like to get him something fun that doesn't cost the earth.

Please help... thank you.

AandK Fri 17-Jun-11 14:23:57

A car mat and lots of cars, nice and cheap or for something thats a little nicer and will last is a wooden train set. My son got his for his 2nd birthday and we've added to it over the years but he still plays with it and he's 9 and they never grow out of cars the cars just get bigger grin

EarthMotherImNot Fri 17-Jun-11 14:24:27

We recently bought a musical peppa pig mirror for a two year old. She loves it but she loves anything to do with peppa pig so it was an easy decision.

Can you find out what he likes perhaps. Failing that two year old boys like noise, fire engine toys, cars etc.

Good lucksmile

AandK Fri 17-Jun-11 14:26:02

Also you aould always ask his mum if she wants you to get anything inm particular. I ask my friends and family as I'm a single mum it helps make things easier and he doesn't end up with more than one of things Xx

WhatWouldLeoDo Tue 21-Jun-11 21:02:00

Happyland (from elc), Duplo, wooden train set (or wooden train set accessories if he already has one), kitchen/role play type stuff, pop up tent and/or tunnel, lawnmower, anything Thomas the tank engine related... That's just from looking round the living room at the toys my DS got when he was two and are still being played with nearly a year later. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now