Talk

Advanced search

Smallest balance bikes

(9 Posts)
brachy Tue 29-Mar-11 15:47:52

We'd like to buy our nephew a balance bike for his birthday. He is very small for his age though(approaching 2yrs old), what is the smallest sized, yet adjustable balance bike we can buy. He is brilliant on his push along cars yet too small to pedal a trike! Any ideas?
Many thanks!

purplearmadillo Tue 29-Mar-11 15:52:13

I got my son a balance bike when he was about two and a half. He's only on the 2nd centile for height. The smallest I could find was the smallest one made by Puky. He was just about tall enough last year and we have just put the saddle up so it now fits him well.

Lucky13 Sat 02-Apr-11 19:27:28

We got a strider bike for our DD when she was 2 as it was the smallest we could find.
www.stridersports.co.uk/
A year on and it's still fab - would really recommend it.

SummerRain Sat 02-Apr-11 19:34:33

I got a Strider for my extremely dinky ds2 on his 2nd birthday..... it's brilliant, really lightweight and perfectly sized.

He loves it and I'd recommend them to anyone, their customer service is brilliant. I emailed on a Sunday asking about posting times as his birthday was the next week and i wouldn't be able to order until the Tuesday and a lady emailed me right back and assured me it would be there in time. When I ordered a couple of days later she remembered me and contacted me immediately and the bike arrived by courier within 24 hours.

MissLils Sun 10-Apr-11 18:04:53

Hi, we got our 2yr old the Islabikes balance bike (he's small for his age but the saddle went lower than most we looked at). He's now nearly 3 and absolutely loves it. We are glad it's got a brake as he's really getting confident. Very helpful staff when you ring and order by the way. No regrets especially when you see how much they go for on ebay. Hope this helps.

strandednomore Sun 10-Apr-11 18:07:02

Yes we also got a strider for dd2 when she was about 2 - I think it was the smallest we could find and has been great. I like the fact that it's so light as well so I can carry it easily.

m4z Sun 15-May-11 13:36:18

Where's the best place to buy one of these?

chesky Fri 24-Jun-11 23:16:25

We bought ours from this site www.strider-rider.co.uk/ they have a Fb page also.
My son loves is bike and he has not had it very long and already he is starting to balance. He is a very petite 2 year old and this bike doesnt need to be on the lowest setting for him. It is also really easy to adjust the seat height and the bikes are really light.

brachy Tue 28-Jun-11 23:08:36

After all the replies we bought our nephew a Puky, at the same time we bought our then 19 month old one too!
DS is now 21 months and scarily fast on his Puky. He has mastered the balance bit and can now glide down slopes and bounce off curbs! I have to jog to keep up with him. He's been riding it like this for the past month. He wasn't quite tall enough at 19 months for it, but by 20ms he had grown enough to move it.
Not heard from the nephew for a while so not sure how he is getting on.
Highly recommend the Puky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now