Talk

Advanced search

?Minimal weight for jumperoo

(3 Posts)
loftyjen Sun 12-Dec-10 09:34:35

My daughter is 12wks old today (woo-hoo!), has had good head control from birth and loves being held in standing position/bouncing on her feet.

Am thinking about purchasing a jumperoo as think she would love it, however,she hovers just below the 0.4th centile - is currently just under 4kg (just under 9lb).

Is this too small to use a jumperoo?? There is lots of info about the max weight/height but can't find any recommendations for minimum weight/height needed - does anyone have any experience/insight to help my decision?

BertieBasset Sun 12-Dec-10 09:42:26

She needs to be able to sit with minimal support really. My DD was 95th percentile and went in it from about 17/18 weeks and her feet just touched the ground on the lowest setting.

The seat does have a back to it but they need to be able to sit up otherwise they just slump over the front of the activity station bit.

I would say your DD is a little small at the moment. They are a great buy though, would def recommend.

lauzjp Sat 08-Jan-11 08:26:56

Keep an eye on the Argos website - they have been in the sale a few times the past 3 months. ;)

If your LO has good head control I would say go for it, just stick a big flat-ish cushion underneath it. My LO had one from about 3 months, he's now 7 months and still loves it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: