Talk

Advanced search

Bakugan - can someone explain please?!

(6 Posts)
Lotster Sat 11-Dec-10 15:36:03

Hi there,

my son wants one of these balls, from what I have seen from the neighbour's child's ones, they throw them on the floor and they open.

On the TV advert and on Amzon, Ebay etc I can only see the type that open when they are rolled on to a card.

So is the one you throw on the floor called something else? Or are my son and neighbour dping it wrong by throwing them on the floor? ( I did see one of them break after a hard throw) confused

Thanks if anyone can enlighten me, they are apparently, very important for his happiness this Christmas!!

sockonmyhead Sat 11-Dec-10 19:20:20

In theory, you roll the bakugan on to the cards, whcih have magnets in them that trigger the release. Players use different cards or something to add to their score or take away from the opponants. Or something along those lines. There are a long and complicated set of rules that I suspect most kids ignore!

In reality, you launch them across the room to force them to open or stick them to something metal. DS was also very excited about these and just had to have them for his birthday but they were either discarded or broken within a month.

blondiemermaid Sat 11-Dec-10 19:26:20

The cards come with the bakugan one magnetic one that opens the ball thing and another thin card don't know what that's for confused

Lotster Sun 12-Dec-10 00:00:43

Ok thanks, it's as I thought! They're supposed to be rolled open but ultimately get smashed open - so I won't buy too many or spend too much grin

Thankyou.

blondiemermaid Tue 14-Dec-10 10:44:01

In tesco I got some for £2.50 half price they really not worth £5 upwards that they charge they do get broke so easily esp when launched thrown across the room hmm

Lotster Tue 14-Dec-10 18:45:21

That's good to know, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now