Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present for 14 month old

(9 Posts)
pitterpatterfeet Sun 21-Nov-10 13:08:41

Wondered if anyone could help me. My son will be 14 months by Christmas and I wondered if anyone could recommend any toys for a Christmas present? The things he mostly plays with at the moment are shape sorters, stacking rings and blocks. He has a couple of electronic type toys which were given to us but really wasn't very interested in these. I thought other peoplewith a child at a similar age might be able to recommend things that their children get a lot of play out of? Thanks

FreudianSlimmery Sun 21-Nov-10 13:22:41

Well can't say if they're any good but we've got my DS a cogs and gears toy from ELC [[ http://www.elc.co.uk/Brilliant-Start-Spinning-Gear s-Cogs/120545,default,pd.html here]] and my parents got him the car transporter here

I chose them both because they will be good for DD to play with him as well.

FreudianSlimmery Sun 21-Nov-10 13:24:39

Oops.

cogs toy

itstheyearzero Mon 22-Nov-10 06:22:48

My DS loved the retro robot from ELC. He liked opening and closing the doors and putting all sorts of things inside.

savoycabbage Mon 22-Nov-10 06:44:46

I love a www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=searc h-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=brio+dog&x=0&y=0 dog

You can get big ones or small ones but I like the small one as you can shove it in your bag when they get sick of pulling it.

chimchar Mon 22-Nov-10 06:54:27

wooden train track and trains...

my ds had them for his first birthday, and now he's nearly 10, and they are still going strong!

my 3 dc have played with them...when they are little, you can make a simple track, and your ds can push the trains around, as he gets older, he will be able to make the track himself, and as he gets older again, he can create really complicated tracks.

best and most used toy i have ever had for my 3 dc!

Ineedsomesleep Mon 22-Nov-10 06:55:46

How about one of those little wooden trikes for in the house or a push along car (the one he can sit in) or one of those wooden carts filled with blocks?

DomesticGoddessInTraining Mon 22-Nov-10 15:05:41

Toys that my DS liked around 14 months that still get played with now:

Wooden train set (brio, thomas, ikea, tesco)
Wooden trike (we have the elc one)
Happyland (he maybe took a bit longer to get into it, but loves it now and plays with it nearly every day)
Garage and cars
Pop-up tent and tunnel

HTH

pitterpatterfeet Tue 30-Nov-10 19:26:14

Thank you all for your replies. He actually just got the brio train set for his birthday. I decided to get him a wooden trike and some new books. Hopefully he'll like that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: