Talk

Advanced search

Duplo or Playmobil digger?

(5 Posts)
chillipickle Sat 20-Nov-10 21:14:55

Considering buying either this Duplo digger or this Playmobil one for 3yo DS.

The reason for choosing these particular ones is that they have caterpillar tracks.

Anyone got either and can recommend?

Meglet Sat 20-Nov-10 21:18:21

My DS is 4 and was given some Playmobile for his birthday, the pieces are tiny and fiddly angry and won't last 30 seconds with him - it has been sent to my mums house for a year or so until it's more practical.

He still loves Duplo at 4yo so I will vote for that.

MrsVincentPrice Sat 20-Nov-10 21:43:57

Either are good and long-lasting, but you'll probably have to confiscate the littler bits of the Playmobil and store them somewhere safe until he's a bit older.

Carpediem2007 Wed 24-Nov-10 22:08:11

My 3 1/2 year old son has the playmobil one and loves it. He has lots of Playmobil and I put all small parts in a box. He spends hours playing with them as they have moving parts and accessories to keep his imagination busy. We love Paymobil here as he is very content to play next to us but independently with them.

He has some duplo but they tend to fall apart and we have to build more complex things for him. He does not manage more than walls or towers on his own and requires more input from adults with them.

vanitypear Sun 05-Dec-10 21:53:09

My 2 yo loves that digger but not sure if that means your 3 yo is too old for it or it may just be long-lasting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now