Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a dolls house?

(13 Posts)
4pudding Fri 05-Nov-10 19:34:23

For a three year old girl, something that will last, around £100-£120.

Thank you

frazzled74 Fri 05-Nov-10 23:16:41

toy le van, dolls house emporium have some good offers at the moment , we have similar one to lollipop lane.

scurryfunge Fri 05-Nov-10 23:19:21

This is on offer at ASDA at the moment - cheap but good value.

here

nancy75 Fri 05-Nov-10 23:22:20

le toy van are really good, dd has had hers for almost 3 years and it looks like new.
we have this one www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/le-toy-van-maybe rry-manor/?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp arison&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping its £90 so you have some money left to buy furniture.

I would avoid great little trading co house, i sent 2 back as they were so shoddy

Ilythia Fri 05-Nov-10 23:26:19

The asda one is great. MIL bought it for dd's last year when they were 2.2 and 3.10 and it is still looking immaculate. She bought slightly more expensive furniture that is chunky and is lasting well too.

Joolyjoolyjoo Fri 05-Nov-10 23:28:06

We've got the ELC one, which is lovely, but a bit pricey once you start to furnish it! Saw one in sainsbury's today, on offer, that looked ok too

4pudding Tue 09-Nov-10 20:08:09

Excellent, thanks for your help, off to check them out!

PavlovtheCat Tue 09-Nov-10 20:10:16

i just bought the sainsbo one, it is fine, but the roof window was cut wrong and have to go back to get it swapped from another box in the shop...! will let you know if that one is ok! the furniture is rubbish, but it is good value for £50 as you can easily replace some of the furniture (or, as I am going to do, customise it/paint it myself).

PavlovtheCat Tue 09-Nov-10 20:12:12

blimey i just looked at the ELC one, the sainsburys one is almost the same as that! apart from not being pink inside (which i prefer, i am going to get some sample wall paper strips and decorate it myself grin

taffetacat Sun 14-Nov-10 15:10:09

Where are you? I'm in Kent and we have a fantastic place that as well as selling second hand stuff, sells new Le Toy Van stuff at cheaper prices than Amazon.

DD got this last year about £10 cheaper than Amazon. The only extras you need are the dolls as all the furniture is included. Its lovely quality and is lasting really well, played with daily. Am very surprised by the comment on Amazon, DDs was in perfect condition.

mylovelymonster Thu 18-Nov-10 21:56:43

We have just ordered Le Toy Van Bay Tree house from Wonderland Models and it is really lovely. Best price was from them at the time (last few weeks). We did order loads of furniture, and a few pieces were broken but they sorted it by sending replacements out immediately. Pricey all-in but am confident our nearly-4yo will be playing with it for years to come.
Can't recommend Wonderland Models enough - fantastic and very quick service.
here

MilaMae Thu 18-Nov-10 23:03:39

I have a sneaky feeling Le Toy Van make the ELC one. They are identical bar the deco.I also saw the ELC one on an American Le Toy Van site. It comes up cheaper with the ELC 20% off.

We have the ELC and it has been really robust.

SleeplessInLondon Mon 06-Dec-10 11:12:28

Does anyone have a problem with the roof on the toy van one. It looks like you have to lift it off to get at the attic room whereas the ELC one looks like the roof is on a hinge and that it can be lifted up and fold back.

DD prefers toy van but am wondering whether the roof will drive us both nuts. She is nearly 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now