Living next to a golf course?

(7 Posts)
Clocksandhocks Tue 12-Oct-21 08:53:23

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience living close to a golf course and anything to look out for when viewing a house? The back garden backs onto the course, the course is well maintained and seems to be used regularly. I've done a search and things like pesticides have come up, but concerned about flying golf balls an safety of little ones in the garden... or are most golfers good shots and it's just me who has no co ordination? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Mosaic123 Thu 14-Oct-21 10:14:31

You will have a lovely view. Some friends who backed onto a golf course had a high glass fence at the back. Some bushes were grown in front of that, for privacy. It looked as if they owned the golf course.

Mosaic123 Thu 14-Oct-21 10:15:33

I believe they did have the occasional golf ball in their garden but it wasn't a particularly well used golf course.

fallfallfall Thu 14-Oct-21 10:23:13

Pock marks on the siding from balls hitting the house. How often have windows been hit. People retrieving balls from your yard.
Most people I know who live backing onto golf courses equally maintain their property to similar weed free, pristine standard.

ButterflyAway Thu 14-Oct-21 10:23:39

Privacy would be my biggest concern, that your garden is adequately shielded from the view of golfers. But I’m extremely anti social and would love a house in the middle of no where far from other people grin

TheSpottedZebra Thu 14-Oct-21 10:25:24

The risk of the course getting sold for housing?

Golf is massively declining in popularity and many courses are being sold off.

lilyfire Thu 14-Oct-21 10:34:13

We back on to a golf course but there are trees between us that stop any stray balls. No problems with it. The occasional shout of ‘fore’ but not disturbing. It’s good when it snows as is great for sledging.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in