Talk

Advanced search

Over Here! - Just supporting

(325 Posts)
bookbook Fri 18-Oct-19 12:20:19

Well, lost the old thread , Chasing must be busy , so an emergency one set up from me

bookbook Fri 18-Oct-19 12:23:54

Morning ( well afternoon , but not eaten lunch yet .)
All well here , back later
@MrsJonesandMe
@elephantoverthehill
@ChasingSquirrels
@Willow2017
@Horsemad
so used to shortening names , cannot remember Elders !!

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 14:08:23

Helloooo! 😁

Thanks for the new thread book, as you say, Chasing is probably snowed under with her kitchen refit. 🙂

Gorgeous day here, just clouding over slightly. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with a bit of outside time, weather permitting.

iklboo Fri 18-Oct-19 14:17:30

I'm on the second week of my new working pattern (5 days week one, 4 days week two). I've had breakfast in bed, a nice mooch into town where I had a lovely lunch, got myself some cheese from the posh cheese shop, a piece of beef for Sunday from the local butchers (where he called me 'miss' 😄).

After a bit of a crappy week it was just the tonic.

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 16:35:53

Ha, I got called 'young lady' this week! I did offer him my glasses, as clearly his eyesight is a bit rubbish!! 😆 Still, it made me smile.

MrsJonesAndMe Fri 18-Oct-19 16:41:37

@elderflower14

Hi all

Elderflower14 Fri 18-Oct-19 16:47:45

Hello all... Got a surprise yesterday. Wilf sent me a magazine article that the train company did on our visit to the station in August...
The headline made me 😊 😊 😊 😊

elephantoverthehill Fri 18-Oct-19 17:51:57

I've found you. That's a nice surprise Elder. Ooo it's been a long week in work, Dutch Apple cakes with year 8 this afternoon just about finished me off. I had to a demo so I brought home the cakes for Dd to take up to scouts tonight to munch whilst they are sleeping rough. It's my little bit to support the homeless grin

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 18:19:54

Like the headline Elder! 😃

Mmmm, Dutch Apple Cake sounds delicious elephant.

bookbook Fri 18-Oct-19 18:27:18

and phew
<settles down for the evening>
anyone seen Willow ?
ikiboo - hello! get cosy on here smile That sounds like a good day .
Yes Horse it has been lovely here too , but raining now , but I don't care , as I got washing dried , went to the allotment this morning , and the shops this afternoon . Managed a bit of crafting for a secret santa I am participating in too.
elephant - how are the aches and pains? do you ever get time when you are not ferrying DC around?
MrsJ - busy day again I bet .
Eder - hah - challenging travel experience - putting a bit of a spin on that !
Exciting and sad news here - my cooker decided it had had enough of people poking around in its innards , and gave up the ghost . So we went out on Tuesday and chose another one - it has just arrived , so tomorrow , when it is all wired in , I will be baking- after all I need to check how accurate the thermostat is - that is my excuse anyway...
and <keeps very quiet> - DH is going on a rare evening out , DD2 is going to the cinema - soooooo - an evening in charge of the remote , chocolate and crochet grin

MrsJonesAndMe Fri 18-Oct-19 20:37:02

A bit wink Think I've tracked Willow down

Have you got GW on? Good excuse to bake grin

Fireworks all round here. We're off to watch a display tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all x

Willow2017 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:06:06

Hellllooo
I found you! Well thanks to MrsJ
Sorry Book I don't have email notifications on phone as I get so many from job sites it would drive me insane.

Why the fireworks MrsJ?
Oh what a pia Book hope the new one us good. Noticed the top.seal in.my oven.has broken and hanging down grr I hate that cooker worst thing I.ever bought. Damm rubber burnt me!

I survived my first 6hr shift but was aching all over😀 Back Sunday.
Kids away but I am home alone with GP and cherry liqueurs😀
Rain rain rain here just enough now!

Hope kitchen going smoothly Squirrels .

Those cakes sound good Elephant lucky scouts!
Good headline Elder trust them to.make a pr exercise out of it though they shouldn't be getting it wrong in.the first place.

Had to get new car battery today and booked car in next week.for brake check they are getting a bit squeally! Goodness knows how much.the battery will cost. Blooming alarm.kept going off and the mach kept switching it off (not my pal the boss) then.after it was all done he said it was because I was sitting in the car!! Errr if you had said i would have got out you ninny!

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 21:09:02

Just watched GW - can't believe that's the last in the series 😮 I will miss Monty & the dogs each week, roll on Spring!

Willow2017 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:11:22

Oh bugger missed it!

bookbook Fri 18-Oct-19 21:13:29

yep, just watched it - I have so much to do in garden and allotment , it just cannot be winter yet!

MrsJonesAndMe Fri 18-Oct-19 21:25:14

We're away the Saturday before bonfire night, so going along to a local one this weekend. Think it's due to Diwali.

Rest up and enjoy a bit of peace.

elephantoverthehill Fri 18-Oct-19 21:25:28

It's just started raining and my Dd might be in her cardboard box already! Glad you found the thread Willow. I was watching GW too, I must get some bulbs in the allotment so I can have cut spring flowers to cheer me up next year.

Willow2017 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:51:26

Ooh hope your DD has a sheltered spot Elephant. Good for them doing it though.
An watching the hairy bikers in Dumfries & Galloway. Very funny arguing over the potato ricer😀

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 22:30:11

Every year I say I'm going to plant bulbs and then never do. I have got some, just always think I should plant more. 🙂

bookbook Fri 18-Oct-19 22:33:52

I do a big spring pot for the front door - bulbs , primroses and pansies/violas , usually with some small plants in the middle .
I bought everything last week , so that is tomorrows job if its nice , along with taking down the summer hanging basket , which is hanging on gallantly , but looking a bit bedraggled now smile

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 22:37:32

Oh you've inspired me to do something similar book, I have just the pot and it is currently empty...

Willow2017 Fri 18-Oct-19 22:49:27

I have a box of bulbs in under stairs cupboard I rescued from my ruined garden but I am scared to look in case they are all rotten now😁 I might do that tomorrow and if they are will go get more. I need a pot to put in my stone circle at front step so bulbs would be lovely.
Need to smell my quinces to see if they are ripe enough. Hope so as some have been blown off with the gales so dont want to lose more.

MrsJonesAndMe Sat 19-Oct-19 07:53:45

Hi all

Sunny and calm here, thankfully.

@iklboo welcome to hang out with us if you like. We just chit chat wink

Have a good day.

Horsemad Sat 19-Oct-19 08:40:16

What do you do you use the quince for Willow?
We've made pie before but I find it a bit stodgy, all that pastry & quince. They remind me of pears a bit.

Currently I'm in bed and DH is watching the rugby but we're off for a walk later to one of my favourite places; it will be gorgeous with the autumn colours starting, I can't wait. 🙂

elephantoverthehill Sat 19-Oct-19 10:08:48

Washing on, cupcakes in the oven for Dd's dance teacher, as it is her birthday. Dd tried to do them last night but they sunk. So she came home this morning and did another batch, but that means I have to ice and deliver them. Not much rough sleeping went on last night as it did pour. They made a massive cardboard fort in the Scout hut and slept in that. grin Beautiful day here, I can't wait to get out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »