Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

why is my neighbour playing the same song on repeat at 1am

(39 Posts)
nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:15:58

We usually never hear anything from our neighbour's flat. When we went to bed this evening we could hear music, which never happens.

We thought it might be sex music so decided not to knock and ask him to turn it down!

But we then realised it's been the same song over and over.

I knocked on his door to ask him to turn it down but no one answered.

What possible reason could he have for doing this? Any guesses?

I'm going to knock again tomorrow and give him a bollocking.

PatrickMerricksGoshawk Sat 11-Aug-18 01:22:01

What song is it?

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:22:40

No idea. Never heard it before.

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:29:29

Is a sad/love song? Or a 'fuck you I'm glad it's over' type song? Could he have just been dumped and either be crying or celebrating?

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:30:09

Download the shazam app and see if it can 'hear' it and then tell us what it is and we might be able to figure it out grin

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:30:42

Or maybe it is sex music..... Maybe that's the only song that does it for them grin

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:31:35

It's not loud enough in my bedroom shazam in my bedroom and I'm not getting out of bed again now!

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:32:53

Haha! Can you make out or remember any of the words? Maybe he's pressed the wrong thing (the circle thing that repeats a playlist, if you press it too many times it repeats just one song) and he's in the bath?

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:33:08

It's a slow song with a breathy voice. Definitely a fair choice for sex music. But it's been going on for 2 and a half hours now. Surely no one listens to the same song for 2 and a half hours!

Hombre Sat 11-Aug-18 01:34:01

Pissed and/or dumped, I'd say. My old neighbour did the same with James Blunt after his wife left him, the silly old fart. Just be glad it's not that.

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:34:02

A bath for 2 and a half hours though??

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:34:16

2 and a half hours! Bloody hell! Must be tantric sex grin

MazDazzle Sat 11-Aug-18 01:34:43

If it’s a sad song, then they’re probably drunk and playing a song that clearly means something to them. If it’s a one off, I’d leave it.

After my dad died, I’d stay up late and no matter how hard I tried, I’d end up playing Luther Vandross ‘Dance With My Father’. sad I’d have been mortified if my neighbours brought it up.

If they’re blaring dance music, that’s a different story!

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:34:57

Oh Jesus, James blunt over and over what a nightmare!

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:35:58

Sorry about your dad mazdazzle.

Slapbetcommissioner Sat 11-Aug-18 01:36:32

Maybe put the song on repeat instead of a playlist for a new pet and gone out?

Odd because he doesn't usually make noise.... I'm intrigued now.....

Are there other neighbours who might go and knock and complain or will it only affect you? I'd go back and knock (or send dh at least grin)

MissLadyM Sat 11-Aug-18 01:37:49

Pissed and fallen asleep

Hombre Sat 11-Aug-18 01:40:41

So sorry about your dad, mazdazzle. flowers Glad your neighbours were sympathetic.

Tbf I didn't say anything about the James Blunt to mine either horrific as it was as I figured he was having a hard time, poor love.

OkPedro Sat 11-Aug-18 01:40:42

Yeah after my Mam died I played the song from her funeral on repeat as a way of grieving
It was never loud enough for my neighbours to hear though..

Music on repeat for over 2 hrs would concern me

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:48:02

I'm not sure if other neighbours can hear.

I knocked really loudly so if he was in he must have been really out for the count.

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 01:49:29

I had the genius idea of putting the fan on for white noise. That's mostly drowned it out so hopefully I can sleep now.

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 22:58:14

DP woke up at 4.30 and the same song was still going. By the time we woke up in the morning, it had stopped.

Today I have knocked on the neighbour's door 3 times but he has not answered.

Very odd.

victoriaspongecake Sat 11-Aug-18 23:04:41

Maybe he has died? Go and check!! smile

SavannahSky Sat 11-Aug-18 23:07:45

Yes maybe get a police welfare check?

I had to do this recently as a colleague had gone awol. The funeral is this week sad

nameinlights Sat 11-Aug-18 23:58:45

Playing the same song on repeat for hours is not evidence he is dead! How did he switch the music off if he is not alive? He is in his early 20s so much more likely that he is has been out all day enjoying his weekend, or ignoring me because he is hungover.

I am going to keep knocking on his door until he answered so I can tell him off for keeping us awake.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: