Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

4 weeks post ceasarean section... advise

(8 Posts)
3boysandababyontheway Sun 10-Jun-18 07:53:35

Just over 4 weeks ago my 4th son was sadly stillborn at 36 weeks. He was delivered by section. This was my 4th section. As like any of my previous sections my recovery has been problem free. Literally no pain until 3.30am this morning.
I woke up with the most agonising stomach pains which I can only describe as cramp like. They were so bad that I considered having to get my partner to phone an ambulance. Bearing in mind my pain threshold is pretty high and it takes a lot for me to complain about being sore.
Anyway, the day before these pains I had bleeding again which had previously stopped. Then this morning I have some bleeding again.
The muscles below my boobs are quite tender as though I have done several sit ups.
Im not sure if these pains are abnormal or possibly ovulation pains? I have read that these can be quite painful especially after a section if certain tissue is disturbed.
Not sure if I would be ovulating yet?
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

anotherangel2 Sun 10-Jun-18 13:00:21

I understand that you maybe reclutant to get medical help/return to hospital but not one can assess you on MN. You need to ring the ward you were on in hospital and explain all to them. I would assume they will at least want to assess you.

You know as a Mum you need to make sure you are in good health so you can look after your children.

I hope non of this sounds patronising but I know I can be cavalier with own health.

I am sorry for your loss flowers

mayhew Sun 10-Jun-18 21:10:22

You might have an infection of the lining of your womb, called endometritis. If this is the case you need antibiotics.

Mishappening Sun 10-Jun-18 21:13:15

Please get some medical advice.

I am so sorry for your loss. flowers

Mamabear1986 Tue 12-Jun-18 07:15:59

Thanks for the replies everyone.
It seems to be my periods have returned so the pain might be due to that.
I feel fine now and had no other episodes of feeling sore.

mommybear1 Tue 12-Jun-18 09:55:09

I am so sorry for your loss thanks even with a high pain threshold I would get checked you have had major abdominal surgery and if something doesn't feel right best to get it checked quickly.

Mamabear1986 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:46:10

I have been to get checked out and the doctor thinks that the pain i had felt was likely to be a gallstones passing and that it was just a coincidence that my period arrived the following day.
Thanks for the replies

Monkeypuzzle32 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:48:39

Gallstones? No wonder it hurt! So sorry to hear about your baby x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: