Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

What can I do to help this heal? Pic att

(16 Posts)
stayingaliveisawayoflife Wed 23-May-18 20:50:27

Hi I got bitten by something through my leggings the other day. I do react badly to things but this seems extreme! I have taken anti histamine and used bite cream but it seems to be getting worse. It is really painful too.

SporkInTheToaster Wed 23-May-18 20:53:54

Get it checked by your GP. You might need antibiotics.

BlankTimes Wed 23-May-18 20:54:32

Draw a pen mark around the red area. If the red area is bigger tomorrow, go to the GP/OOH as you are reacting to the bite.

EllenJanethickerknickers Wed 23-May-18 20:56:20

Definitely GP. My friend was bitten by a spider and it got really nasty. Check to see if the red area is enlarging.

OddestSock Wed 23-May-18 21:04:44

My friend had a bite that started similarly to this and ended up being Lyme disease.

It may not be, but keep an eye on it & see the doctor sooner rather than later xx

stayingaliveisawayoflife Wed 23-May-18 21:12:23

Thanks everyone I will do the pen thing now

notsodimwit Thu 24-May-18 04:04:34

Oh! OP flowers that looks so sore xx hope it get better soon x

MonsterKidz Thu 24-May-18 04:11:07

Def do the pen thing. This happened to my DS last year, it continued to get worse and we ended up needing IV antibiotics and a hosp stay.

BalloonFlowers Thu 24-May-18 04:59:35

Keep an eye on it, stick with the antihistamines. Ibuprofen if it's really sore.
A cool pack may help with the swelling.
More than about 10cm across, it is a gp visit.
Try not to scratch it!!!!!

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Thu 24-May-18 08:24:38

If you can't get a same day drs appointment then show it to a pharmacist and see if they can advise you what to do

RB68 Thu 24-May-18 08:36:51

Bites quickly become infected if they are scratched particularly so go with the draw a line and GP if not reducing. You can end up with blood poisoning if you are not careful

CompletelyUnknown Thu 24-May-18 12:16:37

Not going to freak you but yes the pen thing and at the dr every day if it get bigger and more pain. My mum is just out of hospital after contracting sepsis from the exact same thing.

Thebookswereherfriends Thu 24-May-18 12:18:56

My mum has to have antibiotics every time she gets bitten as her body just totally overreacts, so if it isn't improving I would def go to the drs.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Thu 24-May-18 13:44:04

How are you today, OP?

stayingaliveisawayoflife Thu 24-May-18 14:29:31

I did the pen thing. I now have antibiotics, anti histamines, cream and paracetamol so hopefully it will calm down now. It doesn’t feel as hot and it doesn’t seem to have spread. The pain this morning was rediculous! I really struggled to put weight on that leg as it hurt so much but as the day has gone on it is less painful and doesn’t hurt when I walk!
Crazy just from a bite!

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Thu 24-May-18 15:29:44

Ouch, put your feet up (literally) once you get home! Not sure you should be walking around on it to be honest. Looks v sore. Hope you feel better soon! flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: