Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

MIL sent nasty MD text

(46 Posts)
youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:26:01

DP fell out with MIL and they haven’t been speaking. It was 100% MIL’s fault. A relative gave her money for DP and his sister for Christmas, MIL gave it all to his sister because she says DP “doesn’t need it”. We then found out. MIL denied it at first but then admitted it when she realised DP had spoken to relative. She won’t apologise. Says she never apologised in her life and isn’t going to start now.

Anyway, she has sent a nasty text to DP saying he should be ashamed of himself for not giving her anything for MD!

I can’t believe her cheek! Has she forgotten the trouble she caused? Is DP supposed to have swept it under the carpet?

GreenTulips Sun 11-Mar-18 10:27:10

Ignore her

Have a nice day

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:28:56

Thanks. It has put a bit of a dampener on the morning. DP turned his phone off in case now.

AlmostDoneWithThis Sun 11-Mar-18 10:30:46

Well, I suppose he could respond by saying he'll think about gifts to her when she passes on the gift to him from his aunt, along with an apology.

Or, he could rise above it, ignore the text and move on to have a nice life.

Callamia Sun 11-Mar-18 10:31:10

“Sorry, I don’t have enough money this year” / phone off.

GreenTulips Sun 11-Mar-18 10:32:02

LOL - or text

Sorry I sent the card and gift to sis, she needs it more'

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:33:11

Hahaha! Thank you! I needed that!

abigailsnan Sun 11-Mar-18 10:34:57

Don't let it upset your day,ignore her I wouldn't expect anything from my son's if I behaved as she has done,but I would have shared the monies out equally in the first place she must have known she would have been found out.

FluffyWhiteTowels Sun 11-Mar-18 10:37:52

Yup definitely I gave your card to aunt as she needed it more grin

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:39:31

MIL never thinks she’ll get found out. It is as if she lives minute to minute andcsnnit comprehend consequences. Perhaps she doesn’t have a good memory so thinks no one does.

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:41:37

Sorry for typos, on phone in car. (Not driving!)

RebelRogue Sun 11-Mar-18 10:42:54

"Sorry sent cards and gifts to @youmadethatup 's mum as she deserved it more"

Phone off.

AlmostDoneWithThis Sun 11-Mar-18 10:43:53

What RebelRogue said but without the "sorry."

MistressDeeCee Sun 11-Mar-18 10:46:19

Ah I'd ignore text completely. She's the one feeling angst and stress, and it's her own doing. Any reaction would be an outlet for her. So don't give her an outlet, let her stew for the day, waiting and expectantly looking out for a reply that will never arrive. Whilst she's having a bad day through her own fault, go out and enjoy yours

NotTakenUsername Sun 11-Mar-18 10:47:54

Dear Mum,
I won’t apologise. Ive never apologised in my life and I’m not going to start now.

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 10:50:21

I love you all 😂

MarthasGinYard Sun 11-Mar-18 10:53:54

'DM Dsis is getting gift from us both a double whammy. Have a lovely day'

notapizzaeater Sun 11-Mar-18 10:59:34

Love these responses .....

Life was so much better when dh started going nc, he's not able to be totally nc but only speaks to them for 10 mins every few months

youarenotkiddingme Sun 11-Mar-18 11:01:13

Love the "i did send one..... to sister as she needs it more"

missyB1 Sun 11-Mar-18 11:04:22

Your Mil was wrong not to apologise, but did his sister need the money more than him? Personally I couldn't fall out with my mum over money.

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 11:08:48

notapizzaeater There have been other incidents (for instance she gave DP’s old toys to SIL without asking, but as I said to DP he shouldn’t have left them at his mum’s) but it’s the lack of apology that is really mean. She must have known that she was doing wrong or she wouldn’t have lied.

These things all add up. She’s a silly woman. DP will one day have had enough, if he hasn’t already.

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 11:09:55

missy it’s the lying that got to him, not the money. I don’t know whether his sister needs money, think she’s just the favourite.

MarthasGinYard Sun 11-Mar-18 11:10:45

It was a cash gift from another relative for the two of them

Not his DM's decision to make IMO

MarthasGinYard Sun 11-Mar-18 11:11:25

But to try and lie

She sounds awful tbh

youmadethatup Sun 11-Mar-18 11:39:43

Yes, the lack of integrity. With the toys... it was a box in the garage, been there for years and then DPs sister had a boy. (MIL believes in boys toys and girls toys) and so gave it to SIL. Didn’t ask.

Long time later DP asked about it and MIL “didn’t know” where it was. Long story short, we found out from SIL (absolutely by accident, SIL mentioned her son had been playing with DPs subbuteo (spelling?) but MIL made every excuse under the sun. It was not the same set, DP must have given it... no admission, no apology.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now