Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Worried about breast growth

(21 Posts)
Gettingonwithit72 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:15:49

Not sure if I'm in the right place for best advice here but couldn't find another place to post.

Anyway.. I'm early 20s and wearing a 32A (admittedly not professionally measured) but I've recently bought a new push up bra and I don't seem to fill it. Obviously need a smaller size but is this normal? They've been the same size since I was 13! I'm so self conscious about it. I don't feel like a grown woman when I look in the mirror.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? sad

BitchQueen90 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:21:04

Some women do have very small breasts unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you feel!) I was a 32A too, I used to be so self conscious and only ever wore push up bras. I seriously considered breast enlargement surgery for a while. Then I decided to just embrace it.

I had DS at 22 years old and put on weight after that. My breasts grew as well and I'm now between a B and a C.

FreeNiki Thu 22-Feb-18 00:10:17

One of my friends is mid 30s and doesn't need to wear a bra. She is a 28A.

Gettingonwithit72 Thu 22-Feb-18 08:19:38

My mum keeps telling me once I have children it will change, just don't feel like its normal.

I have thought about enlargement surgery too but I can't afford it at the moment. I suppose if I'm not alone it is normal. I did buy some cream that apparently made breasts grow a cup size at least but never used it, after the purchase I thought about possible reactions that might come with it.

Kenworthington Thu 22-Feb-18 08:54:03

Ah op I know it’s easy for us to say don’t worry about it but honestly don’t worry about it. We are all different shapes and sizes. Fwiw pre kids, aged 22, I was a size 10 and had 32A boobs. 3 kids and 20 years later I’m a 36G! (And a size 16 but we will gloss over that bit!!)

specialsubject Thu 22-Feb-18 09:34:21

That cream is a scam, think about it. Throw it away as no idea what is in it.

Fleshy bumps on the front make no difference to who you are or your personality. No need for a bra, the stupidest most uncomfortable garment ever. They will still work to feed a baby if needed/wanted.

Up to you, but fakes always look fake.

Fintress Thu 22-Feb-18 09:48:08

Get professionally measured for a push up bra. My daughter is exactly like you. A couple of her friends had breast enlargements and she was considering it but thankfully she decided not to. She's perfectly happy with her size now. Try not to fret about it.

ilovetvandchocolates Thu 22-Feb-18 10:04:09

Go get professionally measured. I was too embarrassed (like an idiot) for years. Wasn't until I took my daughter to get measured that I plucked up the courage myself. Anyway thank god I did! I was wearing 34A for years, my measurement is 30D or 32C depending on the bra, still small but for once well fitted and filling the cup! Honestly without a bra I have nothing!

GreenbackBoogy Thu 22-Feb-18 10:05:21

What dress/top size do you wear? I bet you anything you're not a 32A.

Gettingonwithit72 Thu 22-Feb-18 12:11:28

Oh I haven't used it. It will be thrown away.

Yes a few of my friends have had enlargements and they can buy the most beautiful lingerie, makes me feel frumpy.

The professionally measured fills me with some hope, first job for the weekend. I'm so nervous i'll probably not go through with it. Its so embarrassing.

Currently a size 8/10, size 8 without sleeves and 10 with sleeves because my arms don't fit a size 8.

GreenbackBoogy Thu 22-Feb-18 12:44:23

If you measure under your breasts, with no bra on, what is the measurement in inches?

walabaloo Thu 22-Feb-18 12:52:57

Greenback where did you get measured? I am very skinny and wear 34a. I know it's probably not right from what I've read but I'm a bit embarrassed to get measured.

GreenbackBoogy Thu 22-Feb-18 12:55:21

GreenbackBoogy Thu 22-Feb-18 12:56:16

34C at M&S - turns out I'm a 30FF - all of a sudden my back pain went, bra straps no longer fall off my shoulder, and I look better in tops!

AnachronisticCorpse Thu 22-Feb-18 12:59:18

If you are a size 8 there’s no way you are a 32A. And if you have enough to push up then you aren’t flat chested.

Try a 28C, then maybe a B. In lots of different styles. I reckon it will be a revelation.

AnachronisticCorpse Thu 22-Feb-18 13:00:45

Oh and I didn’t really fill out until my 30s. I’m now the proud owner of a full rack (34DD) having spent my younger years with boobs that disappeared if I put my arms above my head.

Gettingonwithit72 Thu 22-Feb-18 13:18:38

I'll have a go at the measurements myself when I get home.

Not totally flat, there is a tiny bit of boob in a push up bra but they never stay put in the bra I do have to adjust it a lot. Guess that's a strong indication I'm in the wrong size?

If I go into a store, can I try bras on? Is there not a rule against hygiene or something? I've never thought about trying them on in different sizes for that reason.

AnachronisticCorpse Thu 22-Feb-18 13:26:53

Absolutely try them on! Grab armfuls and take your time. I’m excited for you, I’m not kidding when I say a properly fitting bra is life changing.

Devastatedupset Thu 22-Feb-18 13:44:23

It’s awful OP. Both myself and dd have very small boobs. Even an A cup is too big. I’m now at an age where I don’t care for myself, but have told dd I’ll pay for hers to be enlarged. I don’t want her growing up feeling the horrible feelings I had all through my years.

Wallywobbles Thu 22-Feb-18 14:53:08

I went from A to D with kids.

Gettingonwithit72 Thu 22-Feb-18 15:47:37

Oh I'm excited. Have a nice weekend planned with my partner this weekend so hopefully get some tried on while we're out and about!!

Devastated my mum had small breasts until she had children and she is so against the enlargement because she thinks we are made how we are supposed to be, but it really does get me down. The only time I'm naked on my upper body is to shower!

Basically, go get measured properly or try for a baby! grin

Not ready for children yet so I'll head to a measurement shop.

Thanks everyone, don't feel as down as I did yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now