Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

AIBU?

(12 Posts)
bellsandwhistles89 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:01:50

I live with my partner in a property that we own and we have been renting a room to a lodger/friend for about 6/7 years. It is a fairly relaxed arrangement.

At the weekend my partner and I came home after a party to find some friends of my lodger doing lines of cocaine in the kitchen...

Both myself and my partner got annoyed and kicked them all out - there was a bit of shouting as my partner had been drinking - but nothing major. I just wanted to check that our response was reasonable and who else to ask but mumsnet...

readysteadyteddy Mon 12-Feb-18 17:21:32

I wouldn't tolerate it in my home. It is not harmless. I'm not talking about their health, they can do what they like, I mean police, raids, the seedy side of drug culture and all it attracts.

What are you going to do?

bellsandwhistles89 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:27:48

It was a shock to see as we walked through the door and seedy is the right word I would use to describe it.

We are aware that he does it every now and again but never would I of thought it would be so blatantly disrespectful. We havent as of yet managed to speak to him and to be honest not sure what we will do.

I can be quite highly strung and definitely not one of the 'cool kids' so just wondered if this was an over reaction.

PoshPenny Mon 12-Feb-18 17:29:32

Sounds reasonable to me (your response). I would have hit the roof if it was in my house,

SparklyMagpie Mon 12-Feb-18 17:32:02

Tbh I would have gone ape shit !!

I would not tolerate that in my house at all

bellsandwhistles89 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:34:09

The roof was well and truly hit.

SomeRandomBird Mon 12-Feb-18 17:34:36

I think your reaction was a bit OTT - you've known this guy for years. If he did it every weekend that would be different but once in 6-7 years doesn't seem that bad to me. Did he at least offer you a line?

Karigan1 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:36:42

Entirely reasonable. They got off lightly imo.

bellsandwhistles89 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:52:11

Surely after 6-7 years he would also know how we feel about drugs, like I said I am aware that he does it, he is well aware how I would react to drugs being done in the kitchen. He also knows if he did it in his room it would of been fine as thats his room.

readysteadyteddy Mon 12-Feb-18 18:10:56

I wouldn't allow it in his room tbh. It's your house that will be raided or a target for thieves...

DrunkUnicorn Fri 16-Feb-18 15:54:25

I wouldn't allow it in his room either. No bloody way. I would have reacted exactly the way you did OP. All Hell would have been raised.

Ginger1982 Fri 16-Feb-18 16:09:49

Kick him out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now