Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Child name change passport troubles

(5 Posts)
lashestans Mon 12-Feb-18 09:58:30

Just wondering if anyone has any experience here
Changed child's name by deed poll (domestic abuse and has not had contact with "father" for 4 years) has been accepted everywhere
Sent deed poll to passport office who have written back with a letter saying I need change of name deed plus a letter saying this is the name my child goes by from either the gp or school.
I have already sent deed poll so assume I just need a letter from school, has anyone else had this bother???

KanielOutis Tue 13-Feb-18 19:10:12

I had to provide the deed poll and proof that we are using the new names. I sent a tax credit award letter.

lashestans Wed 14-Feb-18 11:14:42

@kanieloutis that is what i provided I sent it away yesterday so fingers crossed it will be accepted this time its driving me mad! when did you do yours and which passport office was it?

KanielOutis Wed 14-Feb-18 18:28:12

Mine was last year. Don't know what passport office - I did check and send with the local post office. Had the fees refunded because the post office didn't advise about proving we use the new names.

lashestans Wed 14-Feb-18 18:30:55

@KanielOutis did u have to provide a letter from both parents or was the deed poll and proof of use of name sufficient? I'm hoping they're not going to send me another letter asking for info because if I get one more I'll scream confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now