Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Children can be infectious for up to 2 weeks after catching flu

(1 Post)
ScaredMum22 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:05:05

I didn't know this just found out by looking it up - children can be infectious for up to 2 weeks after catching flu, so I guess it would be prudent to keep them off school and activities for 2 weeks if they have it. After reading all the news about this, then this is one thing which would help stop the spread.

Links - www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1068.aspx?CategoryID=67 and www.medicinenet.com/how_long_is_a_cold_or_flu_contagious/article.htm , and there are more articles concerning this.

I've also been making sure to do hand washing when get inside and before any eating, and discouraging face touching. It's unreal the amount of grown adults in shops and on public transport who are coughing and sneezing everywhere without any effort to cough or sneeze into their elbow , some are covering with their hands then touching railings etc. Madness I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now