Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

HR Advice needed

(10 Posts)
JollyRanchers Fri 09-Feb-18 22:27:38

I made the decision to leave my role today. I asked for a meeting with my manager, who completely ignored my request and blanked me all afternoon.

He then left early, so I called him to explain I was resigning, he then told me not to go back and I explained I was happy to work my notice. He said it wasn't needed & he would 'waiver' it.

I have four weeks notice, will I still be paid?! Panicking slightly

buckeejit Fri 09-Feb-18 22:29:38

Yes I think you should be-sounds like you're on gardening leave so can't start anything else.

Is it a job where you could take your contacts with you?

JollyRanchers Fri 09-Feb-18 22:43:16

It isn't a job I could take contacts elsewhere. It's a administrative type role.

It seems like my manager has just had a strop, but I'm just worried about not being paid. sad

wheresmycake Sat 10-Feb-18 06:49:50

If your contract says you have a 4week notice period and he doesn't want you to come back to the office, he has to either put you on gardening leave (where you will still be employed (and paid) and can't start another job) or give you 4weeks pay in lieu of notice. However, if he has not told you in writing he is doing either of these, you should turn up for work as usual on Monday. If you had another job you wanted to start immediately and you refused to come back to work, that would be you breaking the contract and he wouldn't have to pay anything. However, since if he doesn't want you to come back, he should pay you. Also return any personal belongings upu left at the office.

StealthPolarBear Sat 10-Feb-18 06:51:06

Email and ask him to comfirm

angelopal Sat 10-Feb-18 06:55:38

Get it in writing in case he denies it later.

twoplytwoply Sat 10-Feb-18 12:17:09

Until you are sure and have it in writing, turn up to work as usual. Presumably you have written notice, which means your contractual notice period starts from then. If your boss wants to pay you in lieu that's fine but you need it confirmed.

JollyRanchers Sun 11-Feb-18 10:00:25

He's texted me to say everything he also said on the phone. Do I still need to go in?

We work in a professional environment, I find this all very odd confused

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 11-Feb-18 10:03:10

Payment in lieu of notice might work well for you as you could start working somewhere else immediately rather than if you are on garden leave.

MaryPoppinsStoleMyHandbag Sun 11-Feb-18 10:03:29

Respond to the text and ask him directly if you’ll be getting paid your 4 week notice period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now