Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Who do I talk too?

(5 Posts)
MrsPear Thu 08-Feb-18 19:08:44

I am most certainly in a bad marriage but I feel so confused and foggy. Who can I ask to help me make sense of my life. I can’t seem to make explain anything. I am fed up of being on egg shells.

probablynotthesame Thu 08-Feb-18 19:46:41

Hi op. You could go to your gp, they will be able to advise you on local agencies to get in touch with for eg counselling.
Alternatively you could call the national dv helpline tel:0808 2000 247 it’s 24/7 and free to call.
You could try your local church if you just want someone to talk to rather than advice or other religious places of worship.
If you’re happy to seek advice from your manager or colleague at work you may have some sort of support available through your workplace.
I hope you find what you’re looking for x

MrsPear Thu 08-Feb-18 20:15:50

I don’t work. And the gps are stretched. I will call a helpline and see what they can suggest. I just need to get my thoughts together.

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Sat 10-Feb-18 00:36:12

If you are wanting to leave your husband and don't know where to go you could try a woman's shelter, they will help you,

Also try the citizens advice bureau if you are wanting to leave as they will be able to give you free advice on housing and benefits and stuff like that

If you are wanting to save the marriage you may need marriage counselling, if you can't afford it I know that catholic parishes offer free marriage counselling type classes

KeepHimJolene Sat 10-Feb-18 00:41:48

How about booking a few private counselling sessions with any private psychologist or psychotherapist (latter not so qualified). Tell them your objectives, ask them to make you work hard and not ramble on and that you want help sorting out your feelings and to cut through the fog in your head. Take tissues, you may need them. Make space to be able to come home and sleep/relax afterwards and be kind to yourself. I wish you all the best, but you have already taken the first step which is the hardest; admitting there is an issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now