Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Are Parking Charge Notices enforceable?

(9 Posts)
Howdydoodyfolks Wed 07-Feb-18 10:54:59

I have googled and it seems not "just ignore it they wont take you to court" seems to be the refrain - but has anyone BEEN taken to court here? Or is it ok to ignore it?
TIA

1Vandal Wed 07-Feb-18 10:58:55

Yes they are enforceable do not ignore them

Pearlsaringer Wed 07-Feb-18 11:00:57

Noooo! Ignoring is very bad advice. Check moneysavingexpert for proper advice on what to do.

womaninatightspot Wed 07-Feb-18 11:10:28

I was always told to write to them stating you were not the driver at the time you're not obligated to say who was.

womaninatightspot Wed 07-Feb-18 11:17:07

I would say also I've never had a parking charge but I have a holiday let and someone told the hire car company it was their address. They sent regular letters for years. I always returned to sender but DH got annoyed opened and called the company to say they lived in oz and were just holiday guests. Never heard back after that.

Blackteadrinker77 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:29:35

It depends who issued it.

Was it council or a private company?

womaninatightspot Wed 07-Feb-18 12:14:53

I think blacktea it's private who issue parking charge notices council issue penalty charge notices

AnoiaUnstickMyDrawers Wed 07-Feb-18 12:16:03

They didn't use to be enforceable but they are now - do not ignore it!

Howdydoodyfolks Wed 07-Feb-18 16:47:47

Blackteadrinker77 - a private company called ParkingEye. I have contacted Aldi they were very helpful actually. Just have to prove that I am a regular customer and they will contact the company for me.
Thank you for all your replies - glad I didnt ignore it as you advised me not to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now