Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Small gifts for 6, 8 and 11 year olds?

(18 Posts)
MandaraSugar Fri 12-Jan-18 17:21:00

Going to visit relatives soon who have kids aged 6, 8 and 11 – what are kids that age into these days? Travelling by plane (only to Scotland) so will only have a small cabin bag; no room for anything too huge. The 6 year old is really into football so may just bring him a football magazine and/or stickers?

Suggestions very much welcome!

Thanks.

frasier Fri 12-Jan-18 17:29:02

Books? Not too heavy and easy to pack.

Or, if you live in an area vastly different from theirs, something about your home town or city.

MandaraSugar Sat 13-Jan-18 23:36:40

Many thanks. Any other ideas mumsnetters?

BendyBusBuggy Sun 14-Jan-18 00:06:03

Leto sets?

BendyBusBuggy Sun 14-Jan-18 00:06:35

Lego

Stupid auto correct

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Jan-18 00:11:02

Small Lego sets for all of them.,

AvoidingDM Sun 14-Jan-18 00:12:09

I'd get them a t-shirt each.
They younger two I'd say Lego but the older one might think it's too childish (or he'd want massive kits).

Leeds2 Sun 14-Jan-18 00:15:30

If they are girls, something from Smiggle. Boys don't seem to like it as much.

spectacularvelvet Sun 14-Jan-18 00:35:36

Top trumps set each

Almostthere15 Sun 14-Jan-18 15:27:17

Match attack cards for the one who loves football. Smiggle would suit the 8 year old. At 11 I'd have liked make up but not all will so maybe a gift voucher (book token is a bit boring but in line with the others). Maybe a box of sweets to share too.

derangedmermaid Mon 15-Jan-18 01:45:47

Those bloody magnet balls.

Both kids and DP have them. They are obsessed with the physics involved. Just be clear that they shouldn't be swallowed.

BedtimeTea Mon 15-Jan-18 11:49:57

Rubiks cube, a virtual pet each, funny or fav thing t-shirt, maybe action figures from the latest Star Wars film? A Magic 8 Ball?
There are a lot of small sized things at www.sciencemuseumshop.co.uk/children/spy that look like fun. Worlds smallest walkie talkies. 😀
The football mazazine and stickers and sweets are good too, or the same idea for any other interest.
Funny kids joke and riddle books for their ages, but if you get books instead, you can scribble To "Childs Name" from MandaraSugar 2018," inside.
This teachers page had a lot of football books for all of the ages you are buying for, with links to where you can buy them. Just need to scroll diwn past the lessons to get to the books.
www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bookspaceforschools.co.uk/media/234378/football-booklist.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjy942579nYAhVr0oMKHZ6ZBwIQFjAAegQIFRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Zn_7wKW9--w0beyyyzzto smile

BedtimeTea Mon 15-Jan-18 11:52:56

Oh yes those magnet balls would be fun and small to travel with!

noenergy Mon 15-Jan-18 11:57:32

What are magnet balls?

derangedmermaid Mon 15-Jan-18 12:07:04

@noenergy

They are cubes of small metal balls that are magnetic and can be shaped, snapped together and are really quite addictive once you start playing with them.

DP and my son spent an hour sat in front of the laptop trying to follow a YouTube tutorial on how to make a pyramid on Saturday.

The only warning is that they can be dangerous is ingested, but then I think kids of 6+ would know not to put them in their mouth if it were explained to them.

BedtimeTea Mon 15-Jan-18 13:57:02

Search magnet balls on youtube and you will see a lot of differant sizes balls and how creative one can be.

noenergy Mon 15-Jan-18 18:03:19

Look addictive

pilates Mon 15-Jan-18 18:13:11

What sex are the older two?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now