Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Are Ugg boots worth the money

(52 Posts)
FinallyDecidedOnUserName Sun 12-Nov-17 16:20:28

DH says no & they just end up as unattractive shapeless scruffy sloppy things on the end of legs.

I just think they’re super cosy.

Thoughts please.

BunnyFluffy Sun 12-Nov-17 16:22:24

I thought they stopped being fashionable years ago? I’ve not seen anyone wearing them for a long time.

Keepingupwiththejonesys Sun 12-Nov-17 16:23:17

No, they get all slumped even like fake ones, just not as fast. Just buy the cheap ones primark do

siblingrevelryagain Sun 12-Nov-17 16:25:33

Absolutely worth every penny; I've had a pair for 3 years that still are in shape and are constantly worn in autumn/winter.

Cheap ones are like slippers; once you have a proper pair you'll never look back

lanbro Sun 12-Nov-17 16:26:02

I've got so solid nubuck biker style uggs, on my 3rd winter and they are good as new. Even the sole is barely worn and I wear them daily. Got them for £90 from m and m direct, best buy in my opinion

Hmmalittlefishy Sun 12-Nov-17 16:27:58

Love mine. Still in shape after 3 years. The 'traditional' type of uggs.
They are warm, comfortable and quick to throw on.
I also have the biker style ones which are waterproof and comfortable and they are even better!! I love having warm dry feet in the winter

AfunaMbatata Sun 12-Nov-17 16:27:59

Bought them once, never again. I now wear knee high boots with fleece insoles, they’re amazing!

Animation86 Sun 12-Nov-17 16:31:55

No - I'm a Costco Kirkland boot fan though !!! Hell yeah I'll buy several wink

SloanePeterson Sun 12-Nov-17 16:35:20

I think they're great. Fake ones are awful, ugly and pretty pointless as I doubt they're even warm. My real ones last years at a time and I never ever have cold feet. Don't care wether or not they're fashionable.

KanielOutis Sun 12-Nov-17 16:40:03

Yes they are so worth the money. Although I bought mine on Schuh website where they sell ex display and not quite right pairs and the classics were only £50.

Itscliffmas Sun 12-Nov-17 16:43:23

100% worth it.
I have many pairs and love every one, I look forwards to putting my flip flops away and having ugg boots hug my feet every year.
They are the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear, Like anything they do eventually start to loose their shape and look old but it takes many years for them to look that way, even then they never slouch like cheap ones.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 12-Nov-17 16:43:44

My Emus are waterproof! Much better.

GlitterRollerSkate Sun 12-Nov-17 16:54:56

Mine lasted 3 months and then a bit inside the back of the heel snapped. They were a gift so I didn't have a receipt to return. I say they are utter shit. I have a fake pair that has lasted over a year so far. Love my lined caterpillar boots though!!

bringbacksideburns Sun 12-Nov-17 16:59:05

They are fantastically comfy but I've never bought any.
How on earth do people afford to spend £200 on a pair? I can't justify that for myself.

expatinspain Sun 12-Nov-17 17:00:45

Totally worth it and loads of people still wear them!!

QuilliamCakespeare Sun 12-Nov-17 17:01:26

Genuine ones don’t get slumped and sloppy. I think I’ve had mine for four years now and they’ve just worn through at the toe but they’ve been worn daily except for in the height of summer. Expensive but worth it. Who cares whether they’re fashionable or not? My feet are happy!

Auspiciouspanda Sun 12-Nov-17 17:02:15

Is the cruelty that results in making these shoes worth it?

howdoyoudecide Sun 12-Nov-17 17:06:01

I have had the same pair since 2010 and this will probably be their last winter. Very good value for money as far as I am concerned. My husband would use the litttle brush and some ugg product on them every year and they looked as good as new

MaisyPops Sun 12-Nov-17 17:08:33

I got a pair in a similar style but had proper soles. Thry are great.
Original ugg boots just look stupud and slouchy to me. Sort of a cross between slippers and welly boots.

usualGubbins Sun 12-Nov-17 17:10:42

I bought a pair some years ago when they were fashionable. Quickly realised that they were really limited in when they could be worn (not in wet or damp weather or snow or ice). So they languished in the bottom of the wardrobe for quite a few years until my slippers gave up the ghost on a cold weekend. I wore the Uggs and have used them as slippers ever since! Probably the most expensive slippers ever, but really warm and snug! (oh and they are the real ones, not the fake ones)

LastGirlOnTheLeft Sun 12-Nov-17 17:15:09

I bought the leather ones with fur trim three years ago and I wear them all through winter. They still look great - almost as good as new. They are definitely the best boots I ever bought. I don’t like the traditional ones though.

Ttbb Sun 12-Nov-17 17:17:31

Well they're not supposed to look attractive-they're slippers. Totally worth it though, especially if you have cold floors like flagstones/hardwood.

alltalknobaby Sun 12-Nov-17 20:41:31

Celtic & Co do a British version. Buy British! I have 3 pairs that have lasted me 8-12 years. They’re fantastic.

Dizzybacon Sun 12-Nov-17 20:46:29

They are worth it.

Mine have never gone floppy and lopsided like the fake ones. But then I put boot trees in and brush / spray protect them once a month. I also have UGG slippers and UGG leather Chelsea boots. The Chelsea boots are fab, I ride and muck out the horses in them. Wash and protect and they come up like new

RunningOutOfCharge Sun 12-Nov-17 20:50:51

Ugh hell no!

Have you seen how they are made..... what happens to the animals to get their skin for your boots??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now