Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

devasted by DH comment on job

(10 Posts)
devos Thu 09-Nov-17 12:04:10

I asked my manager for a transfer that in theory could happen but she declined and gave valid enough reasons. I was (am!) disappointed but accepted it and just thought well that's it.

I told DH and he said he wasn't surprised as he didn't think my manager rated me. He wasn't saying it to be mean, just matter of fact and when I asked him why he gave some examples which on reflection and a few others I thought of I think he's right.

I am absolutely devastated as I really liked my team, my job and my manager and I know there is no reason why the transfer couldn't have gone through (even if the reason she gave was good enough) and now I just feel like utter shit.

And to top it off, we may not be moving if the house doesn't sell (currently SSTC) and I'll have to look for another job now anyone.

devos Thu 09-Nov-17 12:06:20

and I spelt devastated wrong ffs!

KinkyAfro Thu 09-Nov-17 12:17:10

How does your DH know how your colleagues rate you

devos Thu 09-Nov-17 12:20:41

His comment was about my manager and just from what I've told him.

Flywheel Thu 09-Nov-17 12:27:37

Was the transfer to another department (outside your managers control)? If they didn't rate you they'd be happy to see you go. Could be talking shite because they don't want to lose you. Things like this do I happen.

devos Thu 09-Nov-17 12:30:34

Sorry should have said same role reporting into my manager still just not in her office.

I've just been sat here mulling it over and I can really see where he's coming from.

headintheproverbial Thu 09-Nov-17 18:20:36

Well, it was pretty tactless of your DH but you could look at this as an opportunity to ask for some feedback from your boss and / or colleagues!

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 09-Nov-17 19:15:27

Time for a new job. A better job with a better manager.

MinervaSaidThar Thu 09-Nov-17 22:27:22

Yea, was the transfer out of manager's team? Surly if she didn't rate you she would approve the transfer?

What 'evidence' did DH give you?

MinervaSaidThar Thu 09-Nov-17 22:27:56

Cross pose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now