Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Changing preference order for primary school?

(7 Posts)
Doodlepoppop Tue 07-Nov-17 16:11:42

Does this effect my chances of geting in if I change my preference order. It says you have a few months to change the order of you want to.
But is there any cons to this?

Owletterocks Tue 07-Nov-17 16:23:03

No, I doubt they would even know you had changed it, it doesn't have any bearing on where you will be allocated.

JustaBasicBitch Tue 07-Nov-17 16:25:17

Check the rules on your LA's website.

On ours as long as all changes done by the deadline (Jan) then it makes no difference.

Changes after that date are seen as a late application

Doodlepoppop Tue 07-Nov-17 16:27:37

Ahh thank you flowers
Mine also says January. I won't be changing after that date.
I was just worrying it may have a negative to change at all.
Happy that is not the case smile

TeenTimesTwo Tue 07-Nov-17 19:22:51

You can resubmit your application up to the deadline including changing order of schools or even the schools themselves.

Put them in your true order of preference and ensure there is at least 1 banker (a school you'll definitely qualify for) on the list.

Don't change after submission deadline as then it will probably count as a late application and you'll be at the back of the queue behind all the on time applications.

JustaBasicBitch Wed 08-Nov-17 19:20:33

You should be fine then.

I did however get an email recently saying they had now 'downloaded my application' and we would need to update with the office rather than online. I think you would have been told though if that had happened.

Doodlepoppop Wed 08-Nov-17 19:38:10

Didn't get know email and iv loved back in and it says submitted. The only email I received was one saying my application has now been submitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now