Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Dad doesnt want to spend more time with kids

(8 Posts)
Tiredofallthisnow Mon 06-Nov-17 19:25:11

Ex husband has had a shot at me that he only gets a full day (an one evening) with the kids.
Both of them have asked for a sleepover at his once a fortnight in the evening before they stay with him.
He has said no citing he has “got used to the balance of his personal life and the kids and can’t take them regularly”. What 2 nights a month?? He works mon-fri 9-4.30 a ten minute drive from his mums house where he is living. (There’s three empty bedrooms so plenty space for the kids when they do stay.
Well fuck me dont I get a personal life too?
I left this sociopathic man because of his controlling and abusive behaviour. He’s a selfish twat.
I’ve told the kids to block him on their phones to minimise contact by him to the bare minimum the court awarded and avoid ad hoc calls and texts (the one evening and one day at the weekend - -alternating between sat/Sun) and I’m saying no to anymore sleepovers that he arranges at the last minute (when he has no current gf or tinder is exhausted of all new stock)

I really need a cocky reply to him next time he asks for a sleepover without stopping him asking for sleepovers as I’ll be cutting my nose off to spite my face.
Also he will ask why the kids numbers have blocked him. Kids are 12 and 14.

I feel shit for them that they’ve asked for more time with him and he’s saying no.

Tiredofallthisnow Mon 06-Nov-17 23:29:32

Anyone?

doodle01 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:49:34

You want a cocky reply so that you can make the situation worse ?
You are really angry
Kids want more contacts and you want him to have them so you can have more time but you dont want him to have them.
Telling them to have minimum contact
Is this me or a bit confused.
In a couple of years time they will be deciding for themselves best get into a better place now.

doodle01 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:51:48

I assume this was contested family court and that he was given minimum contact and that this maybe his way of firing a shot back as you asked for this and he has a new life ?
Not judging just cant figure it out

Viviennemary Mon 06-Nov-17 23:58:11

I really think there is no point in this silly one upmanship of cocky replies. If you're annoyed by his attitude tell him so and say the kids aren't there to come at the drop of a hat when he happens to be free. If he wants a regular time for sleepovers then fine. But not at short notice. And don't tell them to block their Dad on the phone. That isn't a very good idea IMHO.

BackforGood Tue 07-Nov-17 00:04:45

You lost any sympathy from me when you said you told the kids to block him.
You clearly don't like him. Fine. Almost certainly there are good reasons for that. However, he is still their father.. At 12 and 14 they are old enough to be in touch with him as and when they want.

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 07-Nov-17 00:09:33

Agree with @BackforGood.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Tue 07-Nov-17 16:35:52

Sorry OP I agree too, especially if DC have actually ASKED to spend more time with him - so your response is 'No' and you make them block him as well?

And I am confused as to why he has 'had a shot' at you due to one night/full day, but then won't take them for any more time?

Poor kids are probably a bit confused too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now