Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Two time rule for car manoeuvre?

(7 Posts)
SomePpl Wed 01-Nov-17 22:00:32

Hi, grateful if any driving instructors/ examiners can shed some light on this please. I had a lesson yesterday and was learning how to reverse round the corner when a man stopped by and told us that the rules were that we couldn't practice the manoeuvre more than twice. He was annoyed that we were practicing on his road. I've never heard of such a rule, nor has my instructor.
I've tried to search for this but can't see such a rule.

SomePpl Wed 01-Nov-17 22:36:25

Anyone able to answe this Q?

GrockleBocs Wed 01-Nov-17 22:39:21

He's made that up.

onlyonaTuesday Wed 01-Nov-17 22:40:49

He is talking rubbish

gaggiagirl Wed 01-Nov-17 22:41:37

It could be that the residents of that road have an arrangement with the local test centre. If that was the case, the instructor would be aware.
At my local test centre there is a poster asking instructors not to take learners to X street due to residents complaining.

SomePpl Thu 02-Nov-17 08:49:20

Thanks all, I thought that was the case- my instructor said so too. If there is an agreement I'm sure my instructor would have known about it since that area/corner is part of the test.

Anyway he stood there in the middle of the road and refused to move so I I ended up wasting a lot of time yesterday, not to mention my money...

ArseholesOnToast Fri 03-Nov-17 02:34:07

He's an arse.

You were on a public highway taxed and insured so you have as much right to use the road as anyone else.

I remember seeing polite notices up at the test centre asking that instructors do not use certain roads where people have complained but I don't think there is any such rule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now