Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Threads in this topic will auto-delete 30 days after the OP is posted. Threads posted here are visible to search engines and will appear in Active discussions until they are auto-deleted.

Drama lessons for anxiety sufferers with poor social skills.

(4 Posts)
Arrietty123 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:06:16

I'm really struggling to build friendships with other mums at the moment. I just can't do small talk due to social anxiety and problems with eye contact. Is there such a thing as drama lessons for people with these difficulties? Basically to help with learning social skills. I suspect that I might have aspergers but don't have a diagnosis so can't access anything through my GP or the NAS. Thanks smile

WingsofNylon Wed 01-Nov-17 21:17:52

Google confidence classes. There will be a fair few so read carefully. I fish small step might be getting a book called the anxiety workbook. It is very practical.
Otherwise a therapist with some background in social anxiety could help.

Jaffalong Sat 04-Nov-17 04:04:14

You can ask your GP to refer you for a diagnosis.

thegirlwiththecurlyhair.co.uk/what-is-the-chp/

Contact the Girl with the curly hair project, it's specifically for women/girls with diagnosed & undiagnosed Autism/aspergers. They run lots of workshops, webinars etc on autism.

LilQueenie Sat 04-Nov-17 04:17:40

I have social anxiety and did hnc drama. check out taster courses at your local college.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now